Edge sync with Google Account

Copper Contributor
Hello!
So, I've been using Chrome for like 10 years, and now I've heard about Edge from a friend, and I wanted to switch browsers. But all my passwords, bookmarks and history stuff are synced with my google account. I also have an android phone, which came with Chrome and Google apps, and I like the fact that Google from desktop brings me all the passwords and others on my phone. The question is if I can sync all Edge things in my google account, to keep them present everywhere. It is pretty hard to me to break up with all the google services, since I'm using Gmail, Google Drive, Youtube and others, and bing gives me poor searching results in romanian, comparing to google.
Sorry if the whole thing sounded like an ad for google, but I'm wondering if I can sync edge with a google account.
Peace!
8 Replies

Hi@antonio258_ 

Welcome to the community!

All of those stuff can be imported to the new Edge browser.
they can also be synced between different Windows devices and between Android and ios mobile devices.

here is the main topic about this and VERY good and Logical reasons and concerns that why Google should Not be integrated into Microsoft browser, Please have a look

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Sign-in-with-a-Google-account-Discussion/m-p/1056...

@antonio258_

Hi, antonio. In short, cannot sync with google account. You can only sync with microsoft(outlook) account.

But you can import passwords, histories and bookmarks etc. from Chrome. There is link down below.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Articles/Importing-Tabs-and-Settings-from-Chrome/m-p/1016041

You can also sync with Edge Chromium and Edge android version.

You can also make Google as your primary search engine in Edge in edge://settings/search?search=search.

Edge Chromium is good browser made me switch browser from Chrome, with two powerful features (Read aloud and Collections)

"You can only sync with microsoft(outlook) account."
add to that the @hotmail, @live accounts too, as well as Microsoft Office 365 (aka work/school accounts), there are more than 3 Billions Microsoft accounts and Edge browsers supports sign in from all of them.
https://www.microsoft.com/securityinsights/identity
It's late, and not ideal, but you could look at using the EverSync extension. It synchronizes any browsers that have the extension installed. I ran into issues as I was trying to sync a LOT of browsers but I think you would be OK with Edge and Google only.

@antonio258_ I can't remember which version asked you if you wanted to sync login into Google, I updated Windows 11 22H2 es-es to es-mx expecting to see the login screen, as the Setup said all config was gonna be reset... Or is it I can't find it, because is already sync?

@antonio258_ anyone solved this?

I understand that to some it could sound counter intuitive, but from my perspective it's not. Edge has many great features over Chrome + all the features of Chrome, and I'd very much like to switch to it. However, the Google sync is the free, functionally perfect and as secure as it can be, and Microsoft's version of it is not even good enough to consider (tried it). 

For these reasons using Edge but syncing it to Google for me is very intuitive and actually the only thing stopping me from switching to Edge for at least a year now.

Thanks to anyone who comes up with a solution. I imagine an extension isn't impossible, i'd sit down and write it myself if I had the time..

@matijar 

Sync feature in Edge is as good as the one in Chrome browser, if not better.

if you think it's not, please be specific and explain the possible problem.