SOLVED

Copilot's Macedonian Language Support

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have been using Copilot and noticed that, despite Macedonian not being listed as a supported language, the bot still responds reasonably well. It appears that when trained on a substantial amount of data, Copilot can handle Macedonian by focusing on keywords rather than full sentences.

Given this, I believe that enhancing Copilot's support for Macedonian should be feasible and beneficial. Is there a possibility to prioritize this language in future updates? Additionally, could we expect improved sentence-level understanding and response accuracy as more data becomes available?

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,

Nikola

2 Replies
best response confirmed by nnakovski (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@nnakovski
It's interesting to hear about your experience with Copilot understanding Macedonian!

While Copilot doesn't officially support Macedonian yet, it's possible it can grasp your intent based on keywords like you mentioned.

Here's what we know about future updates:

Prioritization: There's no official information on prioritizing specific languages, but hopefully with enough user feedback, Macedonian could be considered.
Improved understanding: As Copilot is exposed to more data, it's generally expected to improve its ability to understand code across languages, including Macedonian.
Thank you for your input! 🙂
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nnakovski (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@nnakovski
It's interesting to hear about your experience with Copilot understanding Macedonian!

While Copilot doesn't officially support Macedonian yet, it's possible it can grasp your intent based on keywords like you mentioned.

Here's what we know about future updates:

Prioritization: There's no official information on prioritizing specific languages, but hopefully with enough user feedback, Macedonian could be considered.
Improved understanding: As Copilot is exposed to more data, it's generally expected to improve its ability to understand code across languages, including Macedonian.

View solution in original post