May 18 2023 10:04 AM
May 18 2023 10:04 AM
We have a weird scenario here where a published app calls a popup window, the window should display rows/fields but they are not visible until user input is provided. Specifically:
Here's our environment:
- Win 10 22H2, 19045.2846
- AVD Agent 1.0.6425.1200
- RD Client 1.2.4240.0, also happens w/ the AVD Beta app from MS Store
- Have gone back to complete default RD display and device redirection settings in AVD in our QA environment, problem persists. I've also toggled through all the relevant display and device settings.
- Have tried forcing the local machine to use both integrated or NVIDIA video card, same issue.
The session is essentially waiting for user input against the popup screen before it displays all the fields but I can't track it down for the life of me... any other things to look into?
May 18 2023 03:27 PM
We have been experiencing the same issues. If we login to the AVD via remote desktop session, the issue does not occur. Only via remote app.
This issue does not occur constantly, but it does occur frequently enough to be an issue.
We have tried different images (ie Windows 11 and Windows 10) and different sizes/SKU.
We have tried changing display settings on both host and client with varying results but none have resolved it, so hopefully someone will be able to advise on what else to try.
The only success we had was when we tried AMD based AVDs which reduced the frequency the most.
May 18 2023 07:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, we've tried the same things as well.
At what point does MS consider this a potential bug? (honest question)
May 19 2023 02:06 AM
* We have not tried N Series either (but they are really expensive even to test!)
* The issue appears on all RDP clients (Web, MacOS, Linux, PC/Laptop based)
* We cannot try older builds of Windows 10 or 11 as creating new AVDs always uses the latest release (which is one of our theories).
It would be interesting to find out what application you are experiencing this with to see if there are any similarities with ours.
Unfortunately I think we will need to post on other forums and possibly raise a support call with MS before this gets considered a bug.
Jun 28 2023 08:22 AM
Jun 28 2023 08:35 AM
Jun 29 2023 12:08 AM
Jul 17 2023 02:11 PM
We have been having the issues since April.
You can simply click on the screen or move the arrow down to populate the box but this just won't do for our staff.
We have rolled back the SXS stack to keep a version running that works and doesn't cause the blank pop-up. The one that is working is sxs221103300.
We keep the scheduled update window in a state of rotation to they don't auto update.
One of our Host Pools is a validation group so we keep that open to update weekly and testing whenever a new one is out but so far no go.
I have an open ticket but have yet to get any support and keep escalating with our MS rep.
Unfortunately we also believe not updating the stack may be causing other issues.
Jul 17 2023 02:16 PM