06-24-2020 10:03 AM
06-24-2020 10:03 AM
Our Media team has received a number of reports regarding a potential bug, so we wanted to loop you in on our findings. We’ve heard that a number of users who have the AdBlock (Plus) or Adblock for Youtube extensions installed are running into errors on YouTube videos. If you’re experiencing this bug, you will likely encounter a black screen on the video player when attempting to load a video on YouTube. (See the screenshot below.) We’ve found that this behavior is happening on all operating systems and all Microsoft Edge channels.
Here’s a screenshot of the error:
Image description: a black video player screen that says, “An error occurred. Please try again later.”
Thankfully, the team has also identified an easy workaround while they investigate this further. If you’re experiencing issues with YouTube and have either Adblock extension enabled, they recommend disabling the it then reloading the web page. Give it a try and let us know if it works in the comments below!
We’d love to know if you’re seeing this error message but not using an Adblock extension, or if the above workaround doesn’t resolve the error. If so, please submit feedback through Microsoft Edge by holding down Shift+Alt+I within the browser, or navigating to the “…” menu, selecting “Help and feedback,” then choosing “Send feedback.” Please include a detailed description of what you’re encountering, and select the checkbox to include diagnostic data.
Thanks for all of the feedback and we’ll let you know when this is resolved.
- The Microsoft Edge Team
07-01-2020 01:37 AM
@fawkes I'm having a (probably) unrelated issue with full-screen playback on YouTube. When going full-screen by either pressing "F", double-clicking on the window or pressing the full-screen button, the DPI of the window sometimes glitches. Scrolling down while full-screen reveals that the size of all UI elements are increased. This is not dependent on whether the adblock (ublock in my case) is turned on or off. I've already submitted as feedback.
07-08-2020 10:15 AM - edited 07-08-2020 10:15 AM
I had the same issue. I enabled Edge Flag "WebRTC Min/Max Video Encode Accelerator dimensions" (it was on Default). But then I found on another post to disable "Use hardware acceleration when available" from System. I switched the Flag back to default and tested. It worked.
Just a workaround for now. But for me, it worked.
07-16-2020 04:05 AM
@luka02, tried this too and it works. Doesn't look like it really has anything to do with the ad-blocker. Very helpful and hopefully MS will look at this closley and soon.
07-20-2020 10:18 AM