Mouse pointer problem in design view

Copper Contributor

This began a few days ago.

When I'm working in design view (form or report), after a few minutes the mouse pointer in design view no longer changes: I'm stuck with the default arrow pointer.  This means that, although I can click/select controls, I can no longer resize controls or the object.

I can't even use the horizontal splitter in design view (although the vertical splitter dividing the navigation pane from the design pane still works).

Simply closing the object and re-opening it doesn't fix it (and any further objects opened in design view are similarly afflicted).  The only way I've found of fixing it is to close Access and re-open - until it happens again!

Help!  This is driving me nuts!

(Office 365, fully up-to-date, Windows 11, also fully updated)

1 Reply

@Itdontwork 

"(Office 365, fully up-to-date, Windows 11, also fully updated)"

For the sake of clarity, please specify the version and build of Access installed on your computer. "Fully updated" is a bit too generic to trouble-shoot effectively.

There was a Windows update last week. Which day did this problem begin for you, if you can recall?

Also, and this is a long shot, another recent bug was partly attributable to certain Accessibility Settings involving the text cur... in Windows, so the fact that this problem impacts the cursor raises the possibility that is involved.