Is there any chance of getting the report pagination bug fixed (or get a reliable workaround)?

Copper Contributor

This is a bug that has been around for a long time. In a nutshell, it sometimes causes the content of text fields being "cut off" horizontally in the middle of the line when a page break happens in a report. It's more likely to happen with rich-text fields than with plain text fields, and it's more likely to happen with certain fonts than with others, but there's no (known) way to avoid the problem altogether.

There have been numerous reports about this, e.g.

I also opened a support ticket 9 years ago (114032111284860), in which the bug was confirmed, but a hotfix was denied, since nobody dares touching that old legacy code.

Now that Access is being actively developed again, I'd like to ask for this decision to be reconsidered.  I understand that you want to avoid changes in pagination behavior that existing applications rely on, but that could be solved by having, e.g., a new property "PaginationLogic" for Reports that defaults to "Legacy" (for existing databases).

Thanks in advance, best regards

Heinzi

PS: If that bug is no longer in your internal systems, I can provide a repro example accdb.

0 Replies