Access Database Close

Copper Contributor

Today I have started having issues when closing an Access Database.  The first thing I noticed was the database would not open again.   I then saw it was leaving the laccdb file there.  If i restart my laptop and then delete the locking file, i can then open the database, but when closing it does it again

I have updated access to have an exclusive open instead of shared and the locking file is no  longer there it would still not open again until I go to task manager and do the End Task.

I then opened some of the other databases that i have been using for months without modifications and they all do the same thing,   I went to my desk top computer and it does the same thing.  

Is anyone else, as of today 2/2/2022 having issues closing database?

4 Replies
It's looking like this might be a new bug. There are similar reports of similar problems here and at other forums. Check with the Microsoft Support pages to see if anything appears there yet.

@George Hepworth 

Thanks, I am new to this community site so I will look to see if I can find the Microsoft Page you mentioned.  

Hi,

George is referring to Microsoft's Access bug page. However, there is no article about this new problem yet.

For more information see my reply in another thread here.

Servus
Karl
Access News
Access DevCon

@Karl Donaubauer 

Thanks, I appreciate the replays from you and George on this issue.   I have found for now I can use Task Manager to end the Access task and then I can open the database until hopefully this issue is resolved.   I only have a few databases that I have written for personal use and one for my daughters' business and currently writing one for a friends' business so can show them how to resolve problem for now.