Access 365 2302 16130.20218 Subform with sourceobject query has interesting glitch

Brass Contributor
I've got a form with a subform that has a stored query as a source object.

When I cursor over the data, I get what appears to be some of the query design elements:

Here is the "show" checkbox

Crosstab pulldown:

Total pulldown:

I thought maybe it was some form corruption so I tried making a new form with a subform referencing the same stored query and got the same result?

It also does this with stored queries that are NOT crosstabs (like the above example)

Here's a short video of the glitch in action:

I've tried setting the subform control to locked = yes/enabled = no to no avail.

Here's a link to a basic 1 table / 1 query /1 form mdb that reproduces the glitch:

Another note: using the runtime simulation flag from the command line, the subform now shows NO data but you can still click in / around to get the query designer elements.
18 Replies
I did some rollbacks and found it only appears to be affected by the latest update: Feb 28 - Version 2302 (Build 16130.20218) - **affected** Feb 14 - Version 2301 (Build 16026.20200) - unaffected Jan 26 - Version 2301 (Build 16026.20146) - unaffected Jan 10 - Version 2212 (Build 15928.20216) - unaffected Jan 4 - Version 2212 (Build 15928.20198) - unaffected

@Mindflux 
I'm currently struggling with the same glitch:

JenniferDMS_0-1678205000669.png

Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Thank you for confirmation. I hadn't seen anyone else mention it. You can roll back to the Feb 14 version and it'll fix it in the interim.

I can confirm that the bug has been replicated/acknowledged by the Access team.
There is also another new bug connected with the query designer window.

Hopefully a fix to each will be provided soon
I've posted an article about this on the AccessForever blog site: https://www.accessforever.org/post/display-bugs-in-access-365-version-2302

Many thanks to @Mindflux for posting such clear information. Very helpful

@isladogs A fix for this will be in the Patch Tuesday update on March 14th.

Thanks @Shane Groff
Will that patch also fix the possibly related issue from v2302 in the query designer window where the font size changes from the value specified in Access Options to 10 pt after a query is run.
That ibug was also reported the same day as this issue.
Thank you for the quick reply! I want to report that this bug is amplified when the .accdb is saved as an .accdr. The entire subform window is covered so no query results can be viewed. I imagine this will be resolved with the patch.
Thank you for this contribution! Saved the day.

@tmketchm Yes I mention the runtime version being even worse at the bottom of my original post.

My fault! I read that and then completely forgot i read that. haha .. thanks again!
I can't find this thread. Can you post a link? I'm not seeing the same issue with v2302. Or perhaps describe in a bit more detail?
@tmketchm In the query designer windows when you toggle between views, the font in the designer goes wonky. See more: https://www.accessforever.org/post/display-bugs-in-access-365-version-2302

@tmketchm
Sorry but I'm not clear what you are asking? As mentioned a few posts back, I have posted an article about both bugs at https://www.accessforever.org/post/display-bugs-in-access-365-version-2302
No, the issue with the font size in the query designer will not be fixed in the update on March 14th, it is a different problem.
I was replying to MendipDataSystems for the link to the thread concerning the font size issue. I checked recent threads and couldn't find it on my own. Didn't see your post. No biggie dude.
Hi Shane
Thanks for your response. I will update my article at AccessForever accordingly.

In case of any confusion, I have to use a different account depending on which machine I use to reply which is a PITA. So MendipDataSystems, Isladogs and ColinRiddington are all the same person....me!
Colin