SOLVED

Selecting a formula from the menu with keyboard

Copper Contributor

Hello to everybody.

I'm looking for your help. I want to know how can I select a formula from de displayed menu while introducing it with the keyboard. For example, when I write "=S", then Excel prompts a menu with some possible functions such as SUM, SUMIF, SQRT, etc. How can I select one of those with my keyboard without writing them all?

Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by César Chaires (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

When you type = and start to write the function name, Excel shows you the available functions that start with this character that you've typed, and when you typing more characters the IntelliSense menu start to shrink.

When typing enough number the function characters, you will see the function is highlighted in the top of the IntelliSense menu.

In this point, you can pick it up by pressing TAB.

Another tip, just types the first character of the function name, if the function isn't in the top the IntelliSense menu, you can use the down arrow to access it, and then press TAB.

Hope that helps

Haytham

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by César Chaires (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

When you type = and start to write the function name, Excel shows you the available functions that start with this character that you've typed, and when you typing more characters the IntelliSense menu start to shrink.

When typing enough number the function characters, you will see the function is highlighted in the top of the IntelliSense menu.

In this point, you can pick it up by pressing TAB.

Another tip, just types the first character of the function name, if the function isn't in the top the IntelliSense menu, you can use the down arrow to access it, and then press TAB.

Hope that helps

Haytham

View solution in original post