SOLVED

(Solved) WVD [Spring Release] Outlook Web App Redirection

Brass Contributor

Recently I created an app pool in order to web app the Outlook client. I used a gallery image (using Win10 1909 Multi w O365) I created and deployed 5 hosts with this v1 image and published the app without issue. When using Outlook and creating a new email you could attach a document from the local machine's C: drive.

I made an update to the gallery image and redeployed new hosts in their place with the updated image. When I redeployed my updated hosts with the v2 image, I lost the redirection when using the Outlook web app.

I have also created a separate desktop pool with a different image and am experiencing similar issues all of a sudden, no drive redirection. This is using the same gallery image that I simply installed a few apps on and published to SIG.

I reviewed the custom RDP properties doc and confirmed settings via PS as well as via the host pool > properties > RDP settings UI - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/customize-rdp-properties

PS results: 

PS C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7> Get-AzWvdHostPool -ResourceGroupName <RESOURCEGROUP1> -Name <HOST1> | format-list Name, CustomRdpProperty

Name : <HOST1>
CustomRdpProperty : audiocapturemode:i:0;audiomode:i:0;drivestoredirect:s:*;redirectclipboard:i:1;redirectcomports:i:0;redirectprinters:i:1;redirectsmartcards:i:1;screen mode id:i:2;

Am I missing something here to enable redirection to access the local machine's drive? I have made minimal registry or GPO changes in the image, nothing that would impact redirection to my knowledge. I am using the Spring release of WVD as well.

Thank you for any assistance!

3 Replies
UPDATE: One user now can see the \\tsclient\C\Users\USERNAME directory when trying to attach a document. Confirmed this across multiple hosts as well, so not host specific. All other users still cannot see the redirect.
best response confirmed by CMurphyUSA (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Appears the changes to custom rdp properties just take time to propagate across the host pool, more time than I was allowing. I have not had any issues since if I allow a couple hours to pass.

hello, trying to redirect COM ports and using the spring update version of the wvd, when we enter the custom rdp property i.e. redirectcomports:i:0 in the UI on Azure portal - it comes back with the error below

Value does not either match the format "[name]:[type]:[value]" or some property name are invalid

does anyone have clue? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CMurphyUSA (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Appears the changes to custom rdp properties just take time to propagate across the host pool, more time than I was allowing. I have not had any issues since if I allow a couple hours to pass.

View solution in original post