BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I got a XPS 15 9570 which crashes nearly everyday with a BSOD and the stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

The laptop is running Windows 11 Enterprise Edition 22H2 (Build 22621) with all current updates applied and the problem started to occur about two weeks after updating to Windows 11 (so a roll back was not possible anymore).

This mostly happens while using any Adobe software such as Illustrator or Photoshop, but sometimes even while working on a simple word document.

After that, most of the time I get a error that my GPU is not compatible with Adobe programs which says my drivers aren't up to date, but for some reason it detects only the internal Intel graphics and tells me I need a driver update (installed the newest drivers from Intel which is from 2021). I then have to go to the settings and set the checkbox 'use high-performance graphic processor'.

I already tried the following things to fix this without success:

• Updated graphic card drivers (NVidia and Intel drivers)

• BIOS and firmware updates

• Updated chipset drivers

• Uninstalled graphic card drivers with DDU in safe mode (also NVidia and Intel drivers)Device management

• Changed NVidia GPU as primary GPU for Adobe programs

• Repaired Windows Image with DISM and checked files with SFC

I uploaded one of the dump files here.

At this point I don't really know what to do anymore and reinstalling a fresh copy of windows could be done but I would prefer to get a solution without reinstalling..

If someone needs more info don't hesitate to ask me about it..

1 Reply

@MarouanRhandor I also have the exact same issue on a Dell XPS 15 9570.

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE crashes regularly with Photoshop. 

I’m running windows 10 though - latest updates.