Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE
SOLVED

RSAT Download

Copper Contributor

Hi there I had already in the insider program but i can't find the RSAT download? any ideas?

Capture.PNG

10 Replies

I noticed the same myself.  After update, I usually can find a link on the right of the Insider page.  Been having to use a different machine to make AD changes...  ;-/

-Ronan

FYI.  The RSAT located at "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520" seems to work.  Says it's for 1709 but no issues during install and testing...

Hope it helps!

-Ronan

@Ronan Eckelberryhave you installed it on 1803?

Likewise I can't find the 1803 RSAT tools... but I do find blogs about it, including the note that this time around DNS is included.   Where for goodness sake are RSAT for Windows 10 1803?

I installed 1709 again because I needed to unlock some users and didn't have time to dig.

Still works! LoL
Interesting. I'd definitely like to find it myself. I didn't see anything in the normal places under insiders. Guess I'll search the blogs.

Let us know if you find it. :)
I went ahead and installed the WS2016 RSAT which does include DNS. But that set of RSAT tools is not the one written about for Win 10 17115 on up... so this remains a mystery to me. Although I'm glad to have RSAT tools installed to work with for now.
I installed Server 17650, and Remote Servers tools is listed under Roles however it cannot install as it lacks the "source" ;)

@Ronan Eckelberry wrote:
I installed 1709 again because I needed to unlock some users and didn't have time to dig.

Still works! LoL

Did that too! At least we can work! lol

best response confirmed by Samuel Li (Microsoft)
Solution

Looks like they published RSAT 1803 yesterday

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520

Awesome!  Thanks for the update!  Installing now.  :)

-Ronan

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Samuel Li (Microsoft)
Solution