Issues with Vmware Workstation Player for Windows Server 2019 Preview Build 17623

Copper Contributor

So here is the thing, I tried to install the 2019 Preview on my Vmware Workstation Player and windows is not able to find any network card? After running sconfig it throws an error that "There are no active Netowrk Adapters" not sure how to deal with this? I am using Dell Lattitude 3450 Laptop as host.

2 Replies

What current version of VMware Workstation or Player you are current using in deploying your Windows Server 2019 Preview Build 17623. If you used lower version of VMware Workstation/Player try you upgrade you VMware Workstation/Player to the latest version in order to support the current build component of Windows Server 2019.

@Vikram Navale wrote:

So here is the thing, I tried to install the 2019 Preview on my Vmware Workstation Player and windows is not able to find any network card? After running sconfig it throws an error that "There are no active Netowrk Adapters" not sure how to deal with this? I am using Dell Lattitude 3450 Laptop as host.

I am using following with my setup and have not experienced any issues with anything so far.

Laptop : Lenovo T470S

Type : Virtual on VMware® Workstation 12 Player 12.5.8 build-7098237

ISO : "Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_vNext_en-us_17623.iso" 

Please refer to the attached image it might help.