Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE

Share a folder between two Servers

Copper Contributor
Hello.
I have been pulling my hair out with this, and I may have found an answer in a previous conversation titled (sharing folders, NTFS+share permissions and the Everyone permission) But just looking for some alternative incase I am heading in the wrond direction. I have a Windows Server 2016, running Hyper V. I have Three servers, MySQL, MSSQL and Domain Controller with AD, they are setup like this.
Comain Controller= 192.168.0.3
MySQL= 192.168.0.4
MSSQL= 192.168.0.5
Now in the MySQL server I have a folder C:\sigs and I can access this folder from the MSSQL using \\mysql\sigs and entering a username and password, but this is where I am failing. I need the MSSQL server to have complete access to the C:\sigs on the MySQL server, from even a restart without having anybody login, as the MSSQL server will be receiving csv files and then saving them in the MySQL, C:\sigs folder.
Once it have saved them, it will then run a VBS file form the C:\sigs folder to import the CSV file into the MySQL database.
Can anybody please help me or give me an example of how to setup this folder correctly.
At the present the servers are not in an operating environment, so I can delete and add whateve I need to get ti working.
Many Thanks
Paul.
1 Reply

MySQL= 192.168.0.4
MSSQL= 192.168.0.5

Are these domain joined? May also want to verify active directory domain health and replication are 100%

I need the MSSQL server to have complete access to the C:\sigs on the MySQL server

More likely what you'll want is the service or job (SQL Agent job?, SSIS job?) to be configured using a domain account and give that domain account the required permissions to the network share.