BitLocker data protection-Local Disk (C:) BitLocker OFF

Copper Contributor

Hello, Good afternoon!

I am Vincent Yeo stay in Malaysia, while my daughter study at University in Singapore, she using the Desktop-3PLA4K1 [Windows 10]. On the 16 October, 2020, she discovered that her PC BitLocker data Protection on Local Disk (C:) if turn off [BitLocker Off], her PC was lock, can not start her work on this PC. Later, she has email to Microsoft technical for help and follow the instruction try to turn "BitLocker On" but still No Working [I had checked her device on the Microsoft account, the BitLocker still turn Off]. The case had been pending for more than 2 weeks. My daughter depend on this PC to do her assignment because all the important data was kept on this PC. 

Kindly assist my daughter to solve this BitLocker issue instantly, her email address register with Microsoft is qry5656@gmail.com.

Your promptly attention and action to this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks again for your helping hand.

With Best Regard,

Vincent Yeo

1 Reply

@ycsobimgmailcom113 wrote:

On the 16 October, 2020, she discovered that her PC BitLocker data Protection on Local Disk (C:) if turn off [BitLocker Off], her PC was lock, can not start her work on this PC. Later, she has email to Microsoft technical for help and follow the instruction try to turn "BitLocker On" but still No Working [I had checked her device on the Microsoft account, the BitLocker still turn Off].

Hello @ycsobimgmailcom113,

First you should confirm the current BitLocker status. If she could access Command Prompt, use the command manage-bde -status to confirm protection status.

If the protection status is on, try to locate the BitLocker recovery key using this support article: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-fd2b3501-a4b9-61e9-f5e6-2...

Hope this helps!