Windows Store missing with latest updates

Copper Contributor

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 17063.rs_prerelease.171213-1610. Starting with the last release (I don't know the number. It was the one that I received immediately after that Fall release was official), the Windows Store (Is it called the Microsoft Store, now?) is completely missing. If I try to launch any Windows Store apps, they're missing as well. This includes the calculator and the feedback hub.

If I type "calc" into Cortana and click on the "Calculator+HD: Install App" that appears, I get the message: "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store". If I go into settings:Windows Insider Program and click on the "Give us feedback" link, it says "You'll need a new app to open this: feedback-hub"

I thought that perhaps the first preview after the Fall release had the store intentionally absent for updates. I it seems strange that it would still be missing with the latest update and that the Feedback Hub is missing from the Insider's Program.

4 Replies

I'm also on 17063.rs.prerelease.171213-1610 and since i've gotten it i've found that all of my windows settings options, including simply launching personalize from the desktop aren't working anymore. 

I got an error that the programs that these options link to aren't linked anymore. 

I've run the sfc and DISM to no avail. still won't work. Can't even open windows update to roll back to a more stable build. 

I think my problem is that I recently went from normal windows to the latest pre-release build......must have missed a step/version in-between which has left me in this situation. 

Oh well. Next option is to create a new user. sigh. 

yeah the store has been gone for me for the last 3 or 4 updates - seems so odd. Watching a youtube video (windows insider spring update) and he clearly has the store tab and taskbar shortcut.

Where's it gone!?

17133.73 here and every store related things seems broken

I'm having the same issue with the Feedback Hub and all Windows Store apps on 17133.73.

screenshots here