Windows long path issue

Copper Contributor

How to make Long Paths Enabled work on windows 11

I have tried registry editor, group policy editor and also through power shell, It is showing long paths enabled but i am not able to configure the runtime environment. Kindly provide a solution.

1 Reply
I also am unable to enable long paths on my Windows 11 Professional system.

Because of that, the command:

pip install tensorflow

fails at the end with the text:

Installing collected packages: tensorboard-plugin-wit, pyasn1, libclang, flatbuffers, wrapt, wheel, typing-extensions, termcolor, tensorflow-io-gcs-filesystem, tensorflow-estimator, tensorboard-data-server, six, rsa, pyasn1-modules, protobuf, packaging, opt-einsum, oauthlib, MarkupSafe, markdown, keras, h5py, grpcio, gast, cachetools, absl-py, werkzeug, requests-oauthlib, google-pasta, google-auth, astunparse, google-auth-oauthlib, tensorboard, tensorflow-intel, tensorflow
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Bill\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.10_qbz5n2kfra8p0\\LocalCache\\local-packages\\Python310\\site-packages\\tensorflow\\include\\external\\com_github_grpc_grpc\\src\\core\\ext\\filters\\client_channel\\lb_policy\\grpclb\\client_load_reporting_filter.h'
HINT: This error might have occurred since this system does not have Windows Long Path support enabled. You can find information on how to enable this at https://pip.pypa.io/warnings/enable-long-paths