Windows 11 Windows Defender Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi I have an issue with Defender where in every time I open it, it routes me to "You need a new app to open this"

I have tried entering the "
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage" on powershell (run as administrator) but its not working on my end. It says,

"Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found.
Windows cannot remove Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not
have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
At line:1 char:51
+ Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Reset-AppxPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman
ds.ResetAppxPackageCommand"

My Windows 11 is currently updated. I keep receiving this error, see below. Please help.

42 Replies

@Softiee 

try this and run as admin, there's a mistake on your input.

get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

@JacobQuiroz hi i did it, run as admin but still getting the "Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found.
Windows cannot remove Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not
have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
+ get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman
ds.ResetAppxPackageCommand" Error

Have the same issue Is the input exactly as written with spaces?
worked a charm, thankyou.

@Softiee I do have the same issue. I guess the powershell code is correct but seems to continue errors of it too.

Im also having the same issue

@JacobQuiroz 

Just now I updated the windows 11 176 version. This problem also occurred. I used the same solution, but I got the same result. It tells me

"Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found.

Windows cannot remove Microsoft.SecHealthUI_ 1000.22000.1.0_ neutral__ 8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not

+ Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ds.ResetAppxPackageCommand"

I'm worried that my computer will be invaded by computer viruses. We need help

@Softiee not sure if you are still looking for a solution but this worked for me :

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} 

Hello,
Suggest you try to installed the latest Windows 11 updates then open PowerShell windows with admin right to run below cmdlets:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
This solution is work for me. Thanks

@Softiee ,

Suggest you go back to last build and retry, if not working then you may have to perform a Reset.

Little_Joe_0-1632733640903.png

Hi, I had an issue with "Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found." and this solution worked for me. Thank you.
Worked for me as well. No idea what else it did, ton of red comments but hard to read as red on black is no good for my colorblind lol! Once finished back to normal
Worked for me, thanks a lot!!! It went for a 2-3 mins with few errors, but after all Defender is working fine!
thanks, this was the only method that worked!
thanks @mfdesign this worked if you have that error
This worked for me. Thanks @mfdesign
Thanks @mfdesign!

@mfdesign thank you i love you helped me thank you so much