Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100 (ni_release) getting stuck on HP Spectre

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to do the Windows Update Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100 (ni_release) and everything appears to be going through correctly but after the restart it gets to about 28% complete and then hangs at the OEM HP logo. It will no past that screen. I have to reboot it twice in order to get the message that the computer is undoing any changes it made previously.

I also noticed in the lower righthand corner of my monitor it says Windows 11 Pro Evaluation Copy. build 22593.ni_release.220402-1100. Haven't had many issues with updates but this one has me stumped. I have tried twice on my own and the last one with MS Support. It did the same thing. Any ideas as to what is going on?

12 Replies

I have the same issue. Tried 3 times, without luck.

Error code: 0xc1900101

i have same problem...what the solution _? any idea_?

Are there any changes? Someone solved the problem?

I'm in the same boat with everyone else .... Error Code is 0x80070001

updateerror.png

I have the same ... I am slowly beginning to regret installing windows 11
Having the same problem here. At this point I'm sincerely considering Linux. I'm so done with Windows issues.

@VitruvianMan 

In my case, enabling virtualization at BIOS level make me install it successfully after 5 tries

I'm using HP Spectre x360

That was a good call. I enabled the virtualization in the bios like you said and the update went through. Nice catch!!
I enabled virtualisation and the updates still fail.

@ToddJohnson1918 

It works for me also ... after updating first the graphic cards drivers and  I enabled the virtualization in the bios all good now ! try it guys !

Ok I reset my PC and everything working now.

YAAY,but I will have to install all my music apps again sigh.