Windows 11 Update still says PC does not meet requirements after issues fixed

Copper Contributor

Windows 11 update told the PC does not meet the requirements (TSM and EUFI).

After fixing this issues in the BIOS and running the health check, it is all ok.

When I open Settings -> Update & Security, there is still a red cross.

Reboot didn't help.

Looks to me a bug in the Windows Update that some flag is not cleared after fixing the issues.

Rene_Balvert_0-1633000068096.png

Rene_Balvert_1-1633000099126.png

44 Replies

As you get This PC meets Windows 11 requirements with PC Health Check app, then you can try manual upgrade: 

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-to-windows-11-using-iso-file

Or you can also use Windows 11 Installation Assistant which you can download from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

*This reply was updated to make sure it is valid.

The health check reported all ok.
Windows update report the requirements doesn't meet.

But this morning Windows update showed the W11 update which means all ok, so the message was incorrect and blocked me from updating to W11 after fixing the issues.

@Rene_Balvert hi I have the same issue. Is it resolved at your end already?

@Rene_Balvert  im having same issue and my pc is a fresh 2021 build asus dark hero 3080 evga ftw3 amd5900x tpm 2.0 enabled. Health checker is all good but when i go to update it shows a red x saying it doesnt meet the requirements to use the health checker which i have a thousand times and my specs are way over what is called for anyone find a fix

@Rene_Balvert Hi, on my end it now automagically is corrected so it seems to be a matter of waiting, just like @Andrez1 mentioned in his post. The (sorry for the Dutch) message now says I have to wait until Windows 11 is rolled out for me. 

@Frans73 yes if was resolved next morning, just wait.....

@Rene_Balvert 

Same mismatch of messages here on Oct 08, 20:27 CEST.

Heinz_Duerr_1-1633717694351.png

It shouldn't be a big task to fix this, right? Waiting for the upgrade nevertheless ...

i expect these types of bugs from small indy companies on release builds, so ill let this slide .... of hang on is MS still indy ?
still happening 13th oct 2021still happening 13th oct 2021

FOR MY PC DOES'NT SHOWING WIN11 UPDATE .
IT TELLS MY PC DOESNT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENT.
CURENTLY RUNNING 0S WIN 10 PRO
SPEC;
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
32GB RAM
12GB GRAPHICS
1TB HDD AND 500GB SSD
PLEASE ANYONE KNOW THE SOLUTION REPLY..
Try entering bios and enabling TPM. The board on my pc is an asrock and is only running an i3 9100. It was in the security menu on my board.

I have the same issue.

I went into BIOS and enabled TPM.

Ran health check and everything looks good like I can update to windows 11.

I go into windows update at it still says "This PC doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for windows 11".  Running "Check for updates" doesn't do anything.

It is sad I have to wait for it to fix itself.  I was ready to upgrade now and have time so went the updating BIOS and everything to be ready and now I can't update unless I get an ISO.

Hi.
ISO Windows11

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

@Rene_Balvert 

If you don't want to wait for the update you can download windows 11 from Microsoft website. It is free and will hardly take 1hr to complete its setup. You'll also require fast speed internet as it will need around 4GB internet to download all files. This is the link from where you can download : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

@Rene_Balvert  I had the same issues. Changed the TPM settings and the PC Health Check said that I met the requirements for Windows 11 but Windows Update didnt recognize it. After going on this forum and seeing that you basically had to wait to the next day I decided to change the date on the computer to the next day. Bingo, that worked. No need to wait, just reset the date back  after you update to windows 11

Still see this error after enabling TPM 2.0 in BIOS.

Also, error I am getting is "The processor isn't currently supported in Windows 11."

And the processor is compatible: Intel Core i7-6770HQ CPU @2.60GHz.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated, thanks

Only thing I could think of on that would be have you updated your bios to the newest one and I’m sure you’ve covered that.
I have the same issue.
I enabled TPM in my BIOS.
Health check is telling me that everything is OK but I cannot update to windows 11.
Check update cannot determine that the issue is solve and my PC can be upgrade.
Please someone help!

For anyone who has corrected their device compatibility but still gets this error in the Windows Update menu, you can get around this by manually downloading and installing the Windows 11 update found here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=nOD/rLJHOac&ranSite...

Download the 'Windows 11 Installation Assistant' from that site.  Note that you will want to run it as administrator though or you may encounter additional errors.  Go to your 'Downloads' folder and right-click the file (Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe) and select 'Run as administrator'.  You should now be able to successfully upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11; assuming you qualify and are compatible.