Windows 11 taskbar

Copper Contributor

I don't understand why windows 11 disable the function to move the taskbar?

If you are the people who like move the taskbar to the top or side. leave the comment below to explain why you need it?

6 Replies
Hello,

You can change taskbar location to top in Windows 11:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-move-taskbar-to-top-in-windows-11

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Hi @Kapil Arya Thank you to reply this. 

I know I can do this. But this suppose be a windows function that user can easy access. Also using this you don't have animation when open the start menu. 

I advise you to open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and share this request. I believe the feedback already exist and you may Upvote it.

@Neko-vecter 

It seems that the engineers do not hear the opinions of many users, currently there is no project to improve in this regard!

The latest versions of the insider program do not yet have the ability to change the location of the taskbar in Windows settings,

Manual change of registry entries should not be offered to users as ( solution ) in the organization is simply not allowed!

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 | Windows Insider Blog

@Kapil Arya How do I move the taskbar to the left or right. Top or Bottom is bad for the only two options. I need left or right as well

Works.