Windows 11 taskbar issue

Copper Contributor

Hello, recently i've upgraded from win 10 to win 11 and everything is running smooth except for the UI for taskbar it's all the same as 10 and start menu along with search are not working so is there anyway to get the UI of windows 11 and make them work?

54 Replies
May need to reinstall window 11 as userui of window 11 is having missing task bar issues

@Deleted i dont think they did mean to, because when i installed one of the first beta insider previews, it had the proper windows 11 taskbar in it, but now my start menu and start button doesnt work and im starting to get a little frustrated with rolling back and re-imaging multiple times

i literally just rolled back to windows 10, however i can go back and try this again. i hope this works :)

@Mohamed_Gamal1535 

Even I am having this same issue. Even the snapping options are not available. Please can anyone tell me the reason for these issues.

BabarArif98_1-1632573030229.png

I am facing this issue.

@Mohamed_Gamal1535 

maybe its a coincidence but after i deleted the windows.old folder, the taskbar reseted and now i have de new win11 taskbar running well

@Hardeep Singh 

Hi there, I've been having the same issue as this trying to upgrade to W11 right now.
So I just rolled back to W10 but wanted to try to upgrade back to W11 again via installation assistant.
"This leads me to believe there is an issue in the User account migration. Removing the user account and adding it back should be able to fix this however I'm yet to test it." Did this solution work for you?

@Mohamed_Gamal1535 hey i am replying to check weather your issue is resolved if yes how did u do it

@A1  just follow the steps:

step1: go to windows update>advanced options>recovery>click reset pc

step2: click remove everything

then we see windows 11 gets launched and you will get windows 11 taskbar 

pls try this and more importantly you must be in windows 11 and follow the steps

you must stay in windows 11 only then it will work

@Hemanth_Babu4 

No!

You have to stay with the Windows10 version = only then the Taskbar will work!

I had the same issue , i even did a full clean install and it didn't worked properly, i still had the old layout but at least the task bar responded , until i wanted to search for something then it closed it self.. :D ,
BUT however
https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-fix-windows-11-start-menu-not-working-issue-17-ways/
Fix#12 worked for me! , and from what i read , it worked for many people so far
Hello, I am not able to choose the "Taskbar location on the screen, choose Left, Top, Right, or Bottom." I like my taskbar to be at the TOP of my screen. When will I be able to move it to the top? I do not like it at the bottom of my screen. Thank you.

If you have updated your Windows 10 on or after 28th Jan 2022  and your taskbar moved to the centre of your screen, then you have to move them manually to be displayed on the left of the screen as per the steps below :

Right click on the empty space of the task bar

Select Taskbar settings

Go to Taskbar behaviours

Select taskbar alignment to LEFT or CENTRE, whichever way you like it

and close the taskbar, that fix the problem

Hope this helps