Windows 11 roll-out

Copper Contributor

Hi all, I hope this doesn't sound too dumb, but would someone be able to tell me what happens with us "new" Windows Insiders who are running the pre-release version of Windows 11 at the October 5th release date of the OS?

Do we have to update our version (mine is up to date according to the update web page), do we have to do anything or just smile sweetly as things roll out according to plan?

7 Replies

@David_CH001 

Hi
Nothing changes - you will still participate in the Insider program and updates will be delivered according to the channel you chose.
Only unregistering your device from the Insider program - may result in installation of a stable version of Windows11.
Thanks for your question - I think I cleared your doubts.
Good luck

Hi, Yes, it does clear the doubts/uncertainties, thanks for the reply.
https://insider.windows.com/en-us/understand-flighting
Please this is additional information
Best regards
I'm guessing you're asking how to get the official version of Windows 11 on Oct 5th when MS released it? If that's the case then you current hardware must meet the requirements for running Win11 and leaving WIP (if your current one has been joined WIP with Dev or Beta channel) from your computer then waiting for it made general available.

@Little_Joe Hi, Yes that was my original intent.

I'm currently running Windows 11 so my machine (acer Nitro 5 10th Gen Core i7) is capable. I do not wish to leave the Windows Insider Program but I would like to normally run the current stable release of the OS, if you see what I mean.

@David_CH001 

Okay, then make sure you're in neither Beta or Release Preview Channel. That you could remain a stable version of Windows 11 and continue to fighting Insider Preview Builds.

See below screenshot that I'm fighting Win11 with Beta Channel.

Little_Joe_0-1632129884965.png

@Little_Joe Hi Joe, Yes I'm currently in Beta Channel, have been for a while. Thanks.