Windows 11 Installed on Intel compute stick but doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements?

Copper Contributor

What does not meet the minimum hardware requirements? Processor?

It has 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, UEFI boot, TPM 2.0, and Direct X 12 support.

Intel Compute Stick STK2m364CC Product Specifications

4 Replies

@IntelStick 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Tech Community!

I did see your intel specifications page and found that your compute stick has a 6th gen intel core processor.

In the list of supported processors, Windows 11 only supports from 8th gen core i7 processors. Microsoft has announced later that it will see if it can support 7th gen processors but there is no official statement about the 6th gen yet and maybe would not be supported forever. This is the reason why your compute stick is not meeting the hardware requirements.

@TheShaunSaw 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-11-build-installed-and-functional-on-a...
Please note that Microsoft provides a Windows11 installation - without complying with requirements - for testing!

I do not have any reviews, in this topic!

Windows11 - in my opinion to work and basic tasks will work on similar 

computers like windows10 today - time will tell if I was right - we'll see! 

Ihave a similar issue with my Microsoft Surface Pro 8. I mean really? It is a MSFT computer with an Intel i5-7300U. But because it is not ont he approved processor list I get an error message. My sense is that they just do't have the proper approved processor list.
Make sure your TPM is enabled in the BIOS or it will fail.