Windows 11 Installation Problems

Copper Contributor

Greetings,

I have discovered a few annoying problems after I upgraded to Windows 11.

The first problem is that my user account did not work. Windows 11 boots works fine but after I logged in to my user account, the Desktop GUI enters into a Perpetual Loop that it is not possible to stop. I tried using the Task Manager to stop all Start Up applications. Then restarted again, but still got to the Perpetual Desktop Loop.

I managed to login into the Admin Account and recreated my original User Account. I would like to use my original User Account but I can't.

The other big problem is using MSCONFIG.  I tried a couple of times to set it to Normal boot. Each time that I have tried it damages the BCD Boot Store, removes the Windows 11 boot option, and the boot fails taking the system to a Repair/Recovery screen.

I have tried to do everything think off using the Command option and nothing works. The only option is to re-install the backup I have created to go back to my Admin account.

This is part of my system information:

System Model X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming Pro

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F4h, 11/6/2018

I wish these two problems are resolved soon as I don't feel too happy having to use the Admin Account instead of my Standard User account.

Regards,

Dorado811

0 Replies