SOLVED

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26120.461 (ge_release)

Copper Contributor

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26120.461 (ge_release)

Installationsfejl - 0x80070032

Do anyone know what to do ?

12 Replies
I'm also having this issue and can't find a resolution. The troubleshooter and resetting the Windows Update service has not been able to fix it

Have also tried a bit of everything. including new installation. If I find anything out, I'll write back.

@Opie1Smith 

Has anyone found a solution?

@Flemming_PS I have the same issue - Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26120.461 (ge_release) fails with permissions problem or possible corrupt update package. 

Has anyone found a solution? I have a similar problem with the same update (but for me it shows this error code 0x8007371b). I have tried to fix the problem by running commands such as CHKDSK and sfc /scannow in CMD, but none of them found any problem in my disk.

@IceCream_Maniac For me the solution was to enable TPM 2.0, apparently my bios had changed to reset this to disabled, in the B450M Pro4 bios this is known as fTPM, when enabled it enables the update to run. I have no idea how this was changed, as Win11 requires it for installation and I remember having a similar issue when I upgraded from Win10. The default setting is disabled, enabling it allows installation of Win11, although there are known workarounds for shoehorning Win11 onto older hardware. After I enabled the setting in the bios, I was able to install Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26120.470 (ge_release). I hope this helps!

In my case, it turned out that TPM 2.0 was disabled in the BIOS, I assure you that I did not do it, also! Re-enabling the setting in the BIOS allowed the updates to run to completion. I assume that an earlier patch removed a registry entry created by the BIOS setting. As we know it is possible to shoehorn Win11 onto older hardware, even if Microsoft advises against this, I am thinking this behavior is planned to force less persistent users to upgrade hardware.
Eventually, after everything I had done failed, I did a clean install. After that, the problem solved and I managed to update my laptop.
best response confirmed by Flemming_PS (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Today it just decided to update. Didn't do anything special and was just monitoring this thread. Not going to complain about it though
Thank you for all the help that so many people are offering.
I will try the solutions that have worked for others.
I become shy, like a 5-year-old child.
Thank you that we are not alone.
Thanks to you who make it possible for us,,,,the users,,,to work.
I'm not win 11, biggest fan.
I call it Vista 11.
But things that move forward tread on untouched ground.
 I am on !!!.
Error code 0x80070032 is usually related to signing in to your device and sometimes has to do with PIN issues. Can you confirm if this is the case? =

Yes, I have also on the same occasion got a PIN problem. There is a problem, and I am driven around in a circle where I constantly have to confirm that I am me. And more importantly, I can't change my pin code. So you're on the right track. And thank you to all the many who have contributed, with suggestions for solutions. Sometimes unfortunately days pass between I have time to try to solve the problem.but thanks to all.@evanbigtoy 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Flemming_PS (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Today it just decided to update. Didn't do anything special and was just monitoring this thread. Not going to complain about it though

View solution in original post