Windows 11 Home Evaluation copy Build 22581 ni_release220318-1623

Copper Contributor

- Why I am getting the below on the bottom corner of my desktop background?

Windows 11 Home Evaluation copy Build 22581 ni_release220318-1623

taifgeorge150_0-1648907978709.png

- Is there a way to leave the Windows insider program without doing a clean install?

taifgeorge150_0-1648908076064.png

7 Replies

@taifgeorge150 

Hello , because you currently have a version installed that is the same as in the Dev channel. that's unfortunately - only a clean installation of Windows is the solution.

Windows Insider

Zrzut ekranu 2022-03-30 153755.png

Thanks for your response,
If I keep it , will there be any new update to remove this stamp? Is it unstable ?

@taifgeorge150 

For sure Microsoft will separate versions in the future and I think that the next update for the Beta channel -> will be as before, is a unique one-time change that will be fixed.
Thanks

You will probably be able to lower the Insider program channel - without a clean installation of Win...

same here... getting the 'evaluation copy' screen bug... i reported it and i was told it had something to do with the 'beta' and 'developer' insider program; not sure i totally understand how that creates the screen bug--it's still there in the latest 'beta' insider update... not sure if this has anything to do with it but i noticed a significant slow down in programs loading and internet browsing... i had to completely shut down my desktop, restart it, then restart it again; this is after using ccleaner to clean up the registry and browsing files... the computer seems to be okay now but i hope in the next update the memory integrity and 'evaluation copy' issues are addressed... i may just leave the insider program and just let my computer update normally via the regular updates...

@taifgeorge150 

Hello,

Refer to below WIP official announcement:

Little_Joe_0-1649664777745.png

Thanks for the reply and input... The "WIP official announcement" is dated 06 April 2022 after this thread about the 'evaluation copy' screen bug and memory integrity issue... Is there a link to this announcement prior to the last two insider updates...? Before the first of the last two updates, NO 'evaluation copy' screen bug showed up and the memory integrity switch was not affected UNTIL the last two updates...

If this is the sort of thing that happens when combining 'DEV' and 'BETA' channels when it comes to these insider updates, maybe it behooves Microsoft to be more upfront in announcing about possible issues that may happen when combining said channels...?  Maybe they did, but who wants to plow through thousands or more postings to find out...?

For myself, if these issues keep ping-ponging around in this discussion with no real solution other than installing a clean install of Windows 11, then I am just going to leave the insider program because bringing up this issue is like shouting into the winds of an oncoming hurricane... :facepalm: (Yeah, I know, who cares if I bow out...)

ADDENDUM: Just found this in one of the announcements about 'memory integrity' in the 'DEV' & 'BETA' channel insider preview  build releases:

"In the most recent Insider Preview builds, we will notify the user that this feature is currently turned off so that action can be taken for the user to turn it back on so that their device is as secure as possible against malicious attacks."

As was noted in previous feedback and posts in this thread: MEMORY INTEGRITY CANNOT BE SWITCHED BACK ON...!

I just hope my system will not be maliciously attacked in the interim before the parallel universe of the 'DEV' & 'BETA' channels decide to default the memory integrity of insider's computers to be in the ON mode...:sad: