Windows 10 Insider Preview 18262-18277 Microsoft VC90.CRT 1935 error on program install/launch

Copper Contributor

I have been having problems with the last two windows insider updates with most programs that use Microsoft VC90.CRT either installing and throwing errors or launching and completing disabling windows. Here's and example of what happens installing most programs. I've done all of the basic troubleshooting steps i have noticed that the .NET framework 3.5 will refuse to enable giving an error.

Microsoft support have tried everything as well and everything they did didn't work.

.NET.png

2 Replies
First run command prompt as an Administrator. Type there "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow" and press enter and then you will see "Beginning system scan." Wait till the end.
Windows Resource Protection will find corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
Then type the following commands and hit Enter after each of them:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
After these, close command prompt and reboot computer.

Hope this will solve your problem.

already done this with no fix the same as reinstalling windows. since the latest update .net will install itself but anything that uses it will freeze windows completely like if you removed the OS HDD while running the pc.