WiFi problem after upgrade to v24H2 release preview

Copper Contributor

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which has a Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac wireless card

I installed v24H2 Release Preview and Network services could not run thus no WiFi available and no internet. 

The card driver is the original 12.0.0.953 - no updates are available

I had to roll back to W11 23H2

Do I report this and if so how? Any suggestions how to fix? On the face of it it looks like the driver for this network adapter is nof compatible with v24H2.

Thank you

4 Replies
Although you mentioned that no updates are available for your Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac wireless card, you can try searching for updates manually or using a third-party driver update tool. However, be cautious when updating drivers, as this can sometimes cause more issues.
Thank you for this suggestion.

I am unable to let Microsoft know of this, and as the V24H2 will be released this year and the Dell Inspiron laptop is a popular one, could someone let MS know the driver needs updating in the package. Thank you

just an update. I upgraded the driver to v 12.0.0.1272 and re-installed v24H2 Release Preview

Still no WiFi

I looked at device manager for the Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac wireless driver and under 'Events' it said

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_03101028&REV_32\4&2e1f2f01&0&00E0 requires further installation

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Just an update: no internet when connected via ethernet cable as well so I think now it is not necessarily the WLAN driver but Network Services that is faulty and not running.

So in summary:

Have a Dell Inspiron laptop 2 yrs old running basic W11 v23H2 no mods or anything. Apply v24H2 release preview and no internet at all (when I click the 'globe' in the system tray the only connection available is bluetooth).

Roll back and all is well.