W10 32 Bits 16 GB RAM, Intel i5 9400 CPU 2.90GHz

Copper Contributor

I installed W 10 from  the disc to the pc. All the up dates have been added.  Windows Insider Program states pc will not support W11 and requires clean boot. My laptop a little more powerful has accepted W11 without any problems.

3 Replies

If I read correctly @Manhattan45, you want to say that Windows Insider program settings mention that your system won't support Windows 11, but a clean install has worked.

If that's true, you should provide a feedback to Microsoft using Feedback hub app. 

@Kapil Arya 

There is another section that has additional information with several questions and answers on the subjects plus more updated information.

Preparing for Insider Preview Builds of Windows 11 - ***UPDATED 6/28***
Hello Windows Insiders! Today we announced Windows 11, and we know you are excited to get your hands on it. You can check out all the details on how to prepare for Windows 11 Insider Preview builds on our blog post.

Once you've reviewed the blog, please use this post to ask any related questions you may have.

We are excited to hear your feedback!!

-The Windows Insider Team

***UPDATE***

For users who are receiving the following message in your Windows Insider Settings:

Your PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11. Your device may continue to receive Insider Preview builds until Windows 11 is generally available, at which time it is recommended to clean install to Windows 10.

We've made an update to Settings to resolve some issues. Please reboot your device to ensure you have the latest update.

Reply 481 people

@Manhattan45 

I was speaking to Microsoft Support. The representative asked me what my TPM was. We spent about 45 minutes trying to find out if the Trusted Platform Module was 1.2 or 2.0 in the BIOS.

The pc message Compatible TPM cannot be found. Compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) cannot be found on this computer. Verify that this computer has 1.2 TPM or later and is turned on in the BIOS. I have a Gigabyte Motherboard and could not find a switch for the TPM. I contacted the company that build my pc. Resolution: open Device Manager uninstall Trusted Platform Module driver.

Hardware scan, the TPM will be detected as a security device and will use the Microsoft driver.

Additionally, the TPM will now be listed under Security Devices as Trusted Platform Module 1.2.

How ever this doesn't get to TPM 2.0. Is TPM 2.0 required for W11?