SOLVED

Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 (September 02)

Brass Contributor

Restarted my computer and once I booted up to Windows 11, I had no Taskbar. I couldn't access my settings or do any shortcuts. Only thing I could do is open my browser, but once I played a video it crashed almost instantly. The Windows 11 team needs to fix this ASAP. 

17 Replies
I am having the same problem, after the last cumulative update today. I have tried every command line that I have found, to undo the last update, to no avail. Loading control panel just gives a 'file system error'. I can load my browser by using the 'run' in task manager, but cannot get anything within the Windows system to run except command line.
Same issue I'm facing & it's really serious one.

@roalt I've got the same problem if you Ctrl+Alt+Del and then open task manager-->file --> run new task and then type control you have limited options available there. But I haven't found any fix yet.

best response confirmed by Vulcanz (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hey Josh, I have found a temporary fix. So do (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) That pulls up Task Manager. Next you go to file and start new task. You are going to type in (control). Then you are going to go to Clock and Region-Date and Time-Change Date and time. You are going to skip forward a few months. Your taskbar should come back. Then you are going to go do the same thing and go back to todays day again. It should start working. @josh_65 

I have found a temporary fix. So do (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) That pulls up Task Manager. Next you go to file and start new task. You are going to type in (control). Then you are going to go to Clock and Region-Date and Time-Change Date and time. You are going to skip forward a few months. Your taskbar should come back. Then you are going to go do the same thing and go back to todays day again. It should start working
Doesn’t work

This works for me. I can see the task bar post changing the time. There is an article as well. The issue is with cumulative update.

Yeah its broken for me alos
That happened to me so I tried a bit of task manager. After that didn't work I followed this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-steps-fix-windows-10-taskbar-issues/#:~:text=%5BSolution%5D%20Taskba....
It worked for me

Mine was like that too. I was in a meeting y'know sharing suddenly it stopped showing then i had to alt+tab that was also not like win11 alt+tab it was like ms95's one. Please help Microsoft Windows Version 11 team

@Vulcanz 

@Vulcanz  me too i just installed an update and the right after my laptop booted and i logged on to my user the task bar was gone i reseted file explorer 6 times in a row i can only open edge using .htm files microsoft has to fix it ASAP

Easiest fix I have found is this. Press Windows + R > Run control > Go to uninstall a program > go to installed updates > and uninstall Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5006674). It will fix the issue. I discovered while running a system check that when I was trying to access settings I was getting access denied. Which Made me realize it wasn't the whole cumulative update. Its just the Security update that was breaking the windows 11 system. Hope it fixes your pc :)
Tried this and it didn't work. I noticed 'time zone' was invalid and correcting this the taskbar immediately loaded as soon as the selection menu disappeared, even before I hit ok.
signed up to say this worked for me. Thanks.
Same problem, my task bar is just a blur and I can't open anything
Didn't work for me :(
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vulcanz (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hey Josh, I have found a temporary fix. So do (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) That pulls up Task Manager. Next you go to file and start new task. You are going to type in (control). Then you are going to go to Clock and Region-Date and Time-Change Date and time. You are going to skip forward a few months. Your taskbar should come back. Then you are going to go do the same thing and go back to todays day again. It should start working. @josh_65 

View solution in original post