Aug 10 2021
* Windows 11, build 22000.120* Dual monitor setup (4k in horizontal mode, 2k in vertical mode)* Single taskbar
Some (but not all) icons are missing from the taskbar, with the status highlight (pill) showing.
The behavior is consistent and only applies to specific applications.
For example:Icons visible:* Microsoft code
* Telegram* Notion* ChromeIcons missing:* Whatsapp desktop* Your Phone* Spotify* Microsoft Terminal* Windows Settings* Microsoft PaintAttached - screenshot of the taskbar with a missing Whatsapp Desktop iconHow do I resolve this?Thanks!
Aug 15 2021
After further investigation:
I believe it's a Windows Store related problem
* Uninstalling the Store version of Whatsapp and installing the stand-alone version from the official website restored the application icon.
What didn't work:
* Reinstalling from the appstore
* Clearing the icon cache (manually)