SOLVED

Remove / Uninstall windows 11 insider upgrade (Build 22593)

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have stopped the windows 11 insider program account.

However, I still got the upgrade to Build 22593.

I found there are many problems after this upgrade (unable to connect to my company intranet, ssh to my company server, ...).

Thus, I would like to remove this upgrade on my laptop.

Please help to provide the steps. Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by terrychanAstri (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@terrychanAstri 

Hello, but unfortunately , to remove the existing version of the Insider Program you need to perform a clean installation of Windows10 , or Windows11 - stopping participation in Insider will not cause

automatic installation of a stable version of Windows, so you will lose your settings, personal files and applications that need to be reinstalled.

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

I am super upset that I can't go back to Windows 10. It took better than 10 days to realize there would be no way to stop the combining of taskbar buttons. Windows 10 had the ability to "never" combine buttons on taskbars, so why would I think this would be taken away???? And my laptop was purchased at Best Buy and they no longer (for years now) give you copies of your operating system. So now how the H do I get back to Windows 10 ? I'm sick of hearing about a possible update that never happens to bring back the NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR BUTTONS. Grrr!

Hi, if you bought a computer with Windows10, then you definitely have a digital license -> so you will be able to reinstall Windows10, but the system activation must be linked to your personal Microsoft account - check it first.

Important!

if you have never reinstalled Windows, then it is best to pay in the computer service for reinstalling the system, you do not need to buy a new license.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by terrychanAstri (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@terrychanAstri 

Hello, but unfortunately , to remove the existing version of the Insider Program you need to perform a clean installation of Windows10 , or Windows11 - stopping participation in Insider will not cause

automatic installation of a stable version of Windows, so you will lose your settings, personal files and applications that need to be reinstalled.

View solution in original post