Problem with windows 11 Disable Fullscreen optimization for Microsoft Store apps

Copper Contributor

So the problem I have is with Disable Fullscreen optimization for apps that are installed from windows store...For example I want to disable fullscreen optimization for Microsoft Flight Simulator...But there is no compatibility tab, and after searching the web for hours I couldn't find how to do it...They say something about advanced graphic settings and to disable it from there...But that many is missing on Windows 11 I guess...The other thing I've tried is to disable it from registry with that command ( 

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
  2. On the right panel, right-click on the empty white area and select New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value. This will create a new DWORD.
  3. Name the new DWORD GameDVR_DSEBehavior and double-click on it.
  4. Set 2 as the value to disable Fullscreen Optimization. Click on OK to save the changes.
    If you want to enable Fullscreen Optimization again, then simply change the value to 0 from 2.) but like I know that disable full screen optimization for everything...and I want only for 1 application. For normal apps I know how to do it...But for Windows Store apps....Just the meny missing and even after searching in start menu about fullscreen optimization I can't find nothing. Can you please help me? and tell me how I can disable/enable optimization for Windows store apps? Thank you very much!
2 Replies

What the hell? There is not a single support few days to can't respond to me ticket and try to help me some how... How long I have to wait somebody to answer me? @thecappadonna 

I don't know whether it will actually apply the compatibility settings when running the game but have you tried to open the properties of the FlightSimulator.exe in
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.22.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\
(you can copy your systems path from Geforce Experience in the top left corner in details for the game itself if you are using a NVIDIA card)
or maybe
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
will work. However, expect the setting to be ignored if you use DX12. I solved an issue where the HDR colors looked off by enabling 'Use legacy display ICC color management' which worked for DX12 games.