Possible official solution to Win 11 taskbar error?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone!

I know so much people have the same problem related to the issues with the Windows 11 taskbar. One of the most common problems is that the taskbar does not appear or simply does not show anything or allows to click on it.

I have been looking for a solution and found a forum where some MVPs (from latin america, here is the link https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/all/problema-en-barra-de-inicio-windows-11-no-carg...) says that an official solution to solve the problem is:

Official Solution:

Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.

Step 2: Choose "More details" at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.

Step 3: Go to "File" and choose "Run New Task".

Step 4: Type "cmd" in the "Open" field.

Step 5: Paste the following: reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0

Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should restart. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.
Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/09/02/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-220...

I've been trying without success. Have you tried this? what do you think about that? does that code have any meaning or purpose?

Thanks for all your comments!

6 Replies
As far as I know this happened on those devices where it do supported by Win11 but not fully compatible...
Hello! Thanks for your comment.
Even though I made sure mi PC met the requirements (even using Microsoft's verification tool) it may be that something was omitted in the process. Still, it is possible that many have said error in the future.
Yes, that's case... Even though all of the OEM were work closely with MS to adapte Win11 but I'm sure besides of major OEM like Lenovo / Dell / HP the rest of are not completely support Win11 well... That's the fact.

@AndiBird90 

This didn't work for me.  It said registry key not found.  I'm still having problems with the taskbar not showing up.  I have to keep using CTRL-Alt-Delete, Lock, then Sign Out numerous times to get it to show up again.

What's your current OS build with Channel?

Hi @pjmanroe955, thanks for your comment.
Remember to paste the code without spaces: reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
That is the reason why sometimes cmd says "registry key not found".
What I use to do is to open the task manager (CTRL - ALT - Del), then go to "explorer" and click on "restart" (at bottom right corner) but I have to do it several (sometimes many) times. Tell me how it goes, please.

Here you are a video where I explain how to do it.