SOLVED

Opting out of 22622.290 for 3 months now

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to know if there's any estimate of when will this update be released to the public so I can leave the Windows Insider Program.

The best regards,

João.

9 Replies
best response confirmed by pistolasxd (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @pistolasxd 

Of course, this is my private opinion

, but feature updates in Windows11 are only 1 time per year, so I think it will be around September 2023.

most often, everyone does not wait but perform a clean installation of a stable version of Windows.

@A1 

Thanks for the prompt answer!
Oh that's quite a while to way for another quality update.

Can you confirm if I do a clean install through a installation media like it's said in this link will it not delete any of the current files/apps I have or will it break something eventually?

I wish you the best regards,

João.

@pistolasxd 

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

Unfortunately, the drive will be formatted and Windows will be reinstalled, so everything will be deleted, (personal files, settings and applications)

you need to make copies and reinstall applications, but waiting for months does not make sense:)

I will add that when configuring a new installation if you leave personal files for sure there will be an error.

22622, 22623, 22624.. are beta testing builds, they will never released to public
the tested features will be added to public 22621 thoroughly
But using a media installation doesn't remove any apps or files by what Microsoft says in the link I sent you.
Thanks for the answer, can you tell me if I can use a media installation tool without deleting any apps or files, like in the link I sent to Andrzej1

@pistolasxd 

" If you're having problems with Windows 11 on your PC or you want a fresh copy of Windows 11 without the clutter of old files or apps, you can reinstall Windows 11 to try and fix your issues and return your PC to a cleaner state. "

This is the first information from your link.

But if you scroll down a bit to "Reinstall Windows 11 using installation media" you can see that "Keep Everything (Default) All apps and settings are preserved."

@pistolasxd 

Good luck!

if everything goes well write - it will be helpful for others:)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pistolasxd (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @pistolasxd 

Of course, this is my private opinion

, but feature updates in Windows11 are only 1 time per year, so I think it will be around September 2023.

most often, everyone does not wait but perform a clean installation of a stable version of Windows.

View solution in original post