Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

No update from 22H2 to 23H2 on Preview build

Copper Contributor

It's already been 3 months since Microsoft released an 23H2 update, but I still don't have it in the Windows Updates settings.

I queued for an enrollment and currently I'm on WIndows 11 Insider Preview 23H2,  23536 build;

Any ideas what might be the problem and how to fix it?

6 Replies

@bobrarity 

Hi, I don't understand, do you want a stable version of Windows?

do you need updates in the Dev channel?

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23536 (Dev Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

Hi, yeah i want a stable Windows 23H2 version, but it's not poppin in the Windows Update settings, instead there are some Security Intelligence (Antivirus Software updates) periodically and that's all I got.

@bobrarity 

In this blog there is an explanation and instructions on how to perform a clean install of the stable version of Windows.

In the Dev. channel, you can't otherwise revert to the public version of Windows.

What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog

Windows 11 Clean Installation (microsoft.com)

I'm in the Beta channel, and already queued for unenrollment, since the stable version of Windows 11 23H2 is released I didn't get any updates.

@bobrarity 

You were the one who provided the build number, so I correctly answered, thank you for the discussion.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23536 (Dev Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

A1_0-1704656549613.png

i did clean install of win 11 pro dev iso from microsoft site few days ago, and its 22h2 still, new update today os build 23619.1000 and its still 22h2, they must not have changed it yet