Missing C:\Windows\System32\ntkrnlmp.exe causing frequent BSOD on Windows 11 Insider

Copper Contributor

Hi, I got a problem with my Windows 11 Insider as it got frequent BSOD (1-3 times a day) and it is really frustating. The BSOD code varies but the most common is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When I see the log on WinDBG, I found out that the cause was not because of RAM or drivers or something else. It caused by missing ntkrnlmp.exe in C:\Windows\System32. I already contacted Microsoft support chat, but none of their solution are working.

The solution I got from them are:

- Running command such as SFC or DISM: but none of them worked. They can't detect anything.

- Creating a new profile: I dont think profile will mess up/restore file inside System32

- Repair using ISO: I can't do that since I have to wipe out the data, so it is already out of question.

- Reinstall: I don't want to wipe out my data.

My solution to (hopefuly) fix this is I need the copy of the file so I can place it inside my C:\Windows\System32. I know it is risky but I dont have any choice. If I don't know the risk, I would already download it from random website on the internet.

Log using !sym noisy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XY4UNt51EupxcxydrINHVdFswUcceCCz/view?usp=share_link

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies