Microsoft Store missing from Windows 11 insider preview

Copper Contributor

I have recently installed the latest Windows 11 Pro insider preview (ARM version) in a VM on my M1 Mac with Parallels Desktop.  Windows seems to run fine, but the Microsoft Store app is missing.  There is no icon for the Store, and the Store doesn't appear in the list of Apps in Settings.  

How do I get the Store installed?  Thanks!  

32 Replies
Are you able to find the Feedback Hub app?
If yes, try open it and report this issue.
Are you using Dev or Beta channel?
I have reported the issue in the Feedback Hub app.

I'm using Dev channel. My current build is 22463.1000
I have the same issue. My current build is 22454.rs_prerelease.210903-1516

@downeaster59 

I´ve a similar problem. The microsoft app store appear, open, but doesn´t charge. Below you will find the screen that appear when i open the microsoft app store, whit the error code. Someone have any solution for these?

Thank you for filing the report and Windows team will investigate and resolve the issue.

What I had to do was to do a clean install with the 22000.194 build. Then I had not only Store but all the other Windows apps that my build was missing. At the same time, I was able to select the Beta or Release Preview channels. I chose Release Preview and opted out of the Windows Insider Program so I could get on track to have the official Windows 11 releases.

How did you get your hands on previous builds vhd files of win 11 on arm? @downeaster59 

@downeaster59 

You can also try this from Parallels tech support - 

Install Microsoft Store to Windows 11 on ARM

https://kb.parallels.com/128520

Thanks

Matt

This was perfect! Thanks!
That worked, thank you!
This works like magic. Thanks

it took a little work but I got the store installed on parallel 17

@downeaster59  I fixed this issue by following these steps:

1. Going to Settings > Privacy & security > For developers : Enable Install apps for any source.
  2. Sideload (based on your chip architecture and in this order.):
    • Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30704.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx
    • Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx
    • Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx
    • Microsoft.WindowsStore_12107.1001.15.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle
  3. Use this website for more accurate if needed. guide: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-windows-store-windows-10-uninstall-with-powershell/

So, why Microsoft Store is not available by default?

The following command helps me to restore Microsoft store:

wsreset.exe -i

why has there not been an executable file issued to correct this snafu thats happens way too often and the number of fixes is not good thing to see cause that just makes hands go up which one to chose to start with. well none work whatsoever. why does this happen in the first place, obviously the upgrade to 11 has bugs cause thats when i lost myh store and it was still gone when reset pc? put out a proper dam fix already

forget about every other fix, this is a definite and its the easiest by far. open xbox app, go into settings click on general tab. at very top there will be list of apps /files missing choose install on all of them and you are done

@mahnunchik dude you have no idea how long i been searching for that. i even use swreset before but didnt use the -i switch. thank you very much. got my store back and all is well (so far anyway hahahahaha)

@downeaster59 Try to run  this command in your windows powershell (as admin): wsreset.exe -i

Go to github.com/kkgo/ltsc-add-microsoftstore then press enter.
you will get a list click code download it then extract file with win-rar then right-click file
and run as adminstrator you will then find that store will be download