latest feature update causes windows 11 to not boot

Copper Contributor

Hi! The latest feature update have caused my windows 11 installation to fail at boot. After 3 loops I can remove the update and get windows running again. However, a lot of 3rd party applications need to be reinstalled after this. Upon contact with Microsoft Support I have been guided to running a fresh install of windows 11 and also downgrading to windows 10. However, all options won't let me keep 3rd party applications and data. I really don't want to go through a reinstallation of all the software. That'll take the better part of a week and I'll probably have to purchase new licenses of some of them too.

The Microsoft support engineer informed me that my I7 cpu isn't supported and that this is the cause of the problems. However, I've been running the current version of windows 11 for a few months and there hasn't been any problems earlier. Any suggestions?

7 Replies
Update: The main reason why I'm posting a request here is that I'm rather dependent on Corel Draw and this particular application won't start even after it's been reinstalled. It worked fine until the windows feature update was installed and then removed.
Did you directly upgrade to the Windows 11 or you used method to bypass the requirement?
In case your device is NOT supported (e.g. your processor is not on the supported list) then your system is not supported.
However, I advise you to open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

@Reza_Ameri I installed directly from the internet and there was no issue from the installation when I installed. I was not aware there were any issue with the I7 processor before I was told so by the Microsoft support engineer today.

Final update: Parallell to working with Microsoft support I've had a ticket pending with Corel. I got a reply today from someone who obviously have come across this before. I was adviced to make a repair installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (both 32 and 64 bit versions). This fixed the problem with starting Corel Draw. And I see that other 3rd party applications that I don't use that much also start up without problems now. I've replied to Microsoft support with this and hope they will have a closer look at how the latest windows feature update handles the c++ features both on update installation and removal.
Thanks Reza for your efforts.

Welcome
Thank you for the update and glad the problem have been fixed.
I'm having this exact boot loop issue after the latest Insider Update. But, using AMD cpu

@MaAdri71 Hi, Win11 has been out a long time now and there shouldn't be any issue with CPU's. However, check with MS Support. If you don't get a good answer to the problem, you can roll back the latest update and hold further updates a few months before trying again. Hopefully any issue has been resolved by then.