KB5006050 Update bugged big time

Brass Contributor

Do not update with update KB5006050. Its extremely bugged. Taskbar gone, computer super slow, programs dont work, chrome dont work, cant use any settings. If anyone updated with this update, do a system recovery and it will fix the issue. If you go into the update and it starts to automatically update, pause it and dont let it update. There is multiple people having the same issue as me. I repeat,  DONT DOWNLOAD KB5006050. Save the hassle and stay with the current windows 11 build

47 Replies

@Xvenom82 

Hello everyone , I got so many problems that I dont know even where to start.

My games are not working as I got an error for TPM 2.0 and safe boot. Both of them are enabled in Bios.

Valorant , Warzone etc. not working.  Everything is super slow , and since double click anything I am waiting almost 1min to open. I tried erasing the update and I have same problem again.

Changing time did not help , Restore option is a NO as I dont have a restore option at all. I want to burn my PC right now. This is a fcking disaster!!!!!!!!!!

Go to 'Control Panel' -> Programs (Uninstall a Program) -> 'View Installed Updates', then select 'Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5006050)' and finally select 'Uninstall'. Hope this helps.

Uninstall KB5006050.PNG

I did but the problem remains and I dont know why is that. I have fixed it by changing the date 1 week ahead :\
Did you change the date back to the current day after that?

@Misklik 

KB5006050 Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta Build 22000.176 - Sept. 2
Sept 03 2021 at 1:13 PM

UPDATE 7:10PM PDT: Recently, Windows Insiders in both the Dev and Beta Channels began reporting that Start and Taskbar were unresponsive and Settings and other areas of the OS wouldn’t load. We quickly discovered an issue with a server-side deployment that went out to Insiders and canceled that deployment. If you were impacted by this issue, you can use the following steps to get back into a working state on your PC.
Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
Step 5: Paste the following: reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.

Uninstalling failed but the reg delete worked for me
when contacting support, I was instructed to type the command in cmd, " reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0 ", after reboot, I lost internet connection
Because you have to do it manually, rather than using the command prompt windows.
If you were affected by this issue, you can follow the steps below to return to a working state on your computer.
Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Choose "More Details" at the bottom of the Task Manager to expand the Task Manager.
Step 3: Go to "File" and choose "Run New Task".
Step 4: Type "Regedit" in the "Open" field. Note: From this step forward, you will be very careful. Any error, entry, or deletion of any of those registries or records can make your computer malfunction worse than it is.
Step 5: Using the registry editor browsing window, you will find the following address: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService. HKCU stand for Hive Key (HK) Current User (CU)
Step 6: Once you find the IrisService folder, left-click on the IrisService folder and choose Delete.
Step 7: When you are asked if you want to delete this key and subkeys, you will choose yes. After deletion…
Step 8: Restart your computer. After restarting, everything should return to normal.
Note: If any or all of these steps are very complicated for you, please get help from someone who can assist you, or contact me via email at mjustram1970@gmail.com. I will try to help you as best I can.
I found out this process works better. If you were affected by this issue, you can follow the steps below to return to a working state on your computer.
Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Choose "More Details" at the bottom of the Task Manager to expand the Task Manager.
Step 3: Go to "File" and choose "Run New Task".
Step 4: Type "Regedit" in the "Open" field. Note: From this step forward, you will be very careful. Any error, entry, or deletion of any of those registries or records can make your computer malfunction worse than it is.
Step 5: Using the registry editor browsing window, you will find the following address: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService. HKCU stand for Hive Key (HK) Current User (CU)
Step 6: Once you find the IrisService folder, left-click on the IrisService folder and choose Delete.
Step 7: When you are asked if you want to delete this key and subkeys, you will choose yes. After deletion…
Step 8: Restart your computer. After restarting, everything should return to normal.
Note: If any or all of these steps are very complicated for you, please get help from someone who can assist you, or contact me via email at mjustram1970@gmail.com. I will try to help you as best I can.
i read vipers instructions as well, but pedro has the perfect answer. never got a chance to use WindowsKey-R, so i was using the

ctrl-alt delete --> task manager --> more details ==> File->Run new task (cmd, browse)

method for getting to the command promt. you really do have to perform each step as manually as possible.
Yes I have done it, thank you.
Don't work
Just like what a_plastic_bag did, my laptop is now back to normal even after updating KB5006050. Thank God!
Pls check the post of a_plastic_bag on the above comments. It worked for me.
Pls check the post of a_plastic_bag on the above comments. It worked for me. God bless!

KB disabled access to my WI-FI network. I could not access internet services. I had to uninstall the update and my WI-FI is now working fine. 

This bug disabling access to WI-FI has been there for about a month, with the previous cumulative updates to Windows KB 5005050. I am using an Asus Laptop, and Microsoft needs to look into this issue. 

All this happened after installing Windows 11. 

Thanks 

@pmcgalla It is not working again . Again same problem. Worked fine for a day now again same problem regarding the safe boot etc

Still the same problem regarding the games. I am having a problem regarding safe boot being OFF although it is ON in Bios , I dont know what to do anymore
still not working today though:\
I don't have any issues. It could be an issue that this bug isn't fully resolved into the next Beta/Dev Channel next week.