Intrusive pop-up informing build expiration, yet can not get newer build from Windows Update

Copper Contributor

Dear Insider Team, 

I have recently switched from Dev to Beta channel on Windows Insider Programme, and have been experiencing issues regarding Windows Update. I am currently on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS22572.201 (22572 ni_release 220304-1536). 

Questions are as follows:

1. There is a very intrusive pop-up informing the expiration of my current build, yet Windows Update keeps telling me I am up to date. This pop-up will come in the middle of a Teams call or anything, any idea on whether I can turn this off? 

System expiration notice.png

2. I have tried doing the in-place upgrade for Windows 11 beta channel, yet the Setip indicates I can not keep my personal files and I will have to do a clean-installation. Will appreciate your advice on whether a clean installation is necessary, or whether I can still get the next newer Win 11 build through Windows Update? 

3. The Windows Insider Programme page is no longer accessible after some notification settings were turn off during the Quick Assist session. Could you kindly advise hwo can I regain access to Windows Insider Programme settings?

Windows insider unaccessible.png

Many thanks and awaiting your kind suggestion. 

4 Replies

@VisionHu 

Hello, probably it will be a surprise for you, but it seems that the notifications are correct and you can not turn them off - you have a lot of time until September 15.

Of course, a clean installation of Windows will immediately solve your problem, but it is better to wait if the system is working properly now.

Important question - what build did you have installed when you tried to switch to the Beta channel -> this answer depends on whether a clean installation will be necessary as the only solution 

This is an excerpt from the official blog information for build 22572

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22572 | Windows Insider Blog

"Build numbers are higher in the Dev Channel than the Windows 11 preview builds in the Beta and Release Preview Channels. You will not be able to switch from the Dev Channel to the Beta or Release Preview Channels without doing a clean install back to the released version of Windows 11 currently.

The desktop watermark you see at the lower right corner of your desktop is normal for these pre-release builds. "

Lowering the Dev channel. - to Beta without a clean installation of Windows - is available!!! - Micr...

Many thanks for your kind help Andrzej! I was on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS22572.201 (22572 ni_release 220304-1536) when I switched from Dev to Beta Channel. What I am wondering is that since Build 22598 is flighting for Beta channel (which is newer than my current build), why can't I get it trough Windows Update or the in-place upgrade? Many thanks again!

In the meantime, any idea how can I regain access to my Windows Insider Settings?

@VisionHu 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/ISOs#in-place-upgrade-with-a-windows-insider-previe...

Can you download ISO?

That would be a higher version and the in-place update should be successful ->

then you will have version 22579 and then ruts number . You may have downloaded the insider program by the Update section.