Insider Release Preview channel "a newer build is available in windows update" but nothing showing

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I reset my Windows 11, I then joined the Insider program on the Release preview channel in hope to get 22H2. I am currently on 21H2.

I just cannot get it to show in Windows updates even after many days. I have the correct diagnostic / data collection level, when I check the insider settings it says I am in the release preview channel. It also says the following "a newer build is available in windows update" but it doesn't show at all.

My windows updates are working fine otherwise with many updates downloaded OK recently, I've also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter. 

I am just a home user, and this is a freshly reset Windows 11 with no settings or applications installed other than the usual ones such as Steam etc.

I have also tried running the following and restarting but it makes no difference:
"

bcdedit /set flightsigning on

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} flightsigning on

"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Laurence

3 Replies

Hi@Laurence3D 

Releasing Windows 11, version 22H2 to the Release Preview Channel | Windows Insider Blog

This version cannot be installed for private users (it should not be available in the Windows Update section!

Best regards   

@A1 

"We are also making this build available to any Windows Insider in the Release Preview Channel via our “seeker” experience in Windows Update. This means Insiders currently in the Release Preview Channel that meet the Windows 11 hardware requirements can go to Settings and Windows Update and choose to download and install Windows 11, version 22H2 Build 22621 if they want"

I am signed up as an insider and registered on the release preview channel. I also meet all system requirements + I am already running Windows 11 21H2.

@Laurence3D 

I think this is a misunderstanding:

Windows Insider

Andrzej1_0-1655757197504.png

Flight Hub - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

It would be great if you could download the ISO in place to the new version 22H2

Download Windows Insider Preview ISO (microsoft.com)