How to let windows 11 "never combine taskbar buttons"?

Bronze Contributor

How to let windows 11 "never combine taskbar buttons"?

1,317 Replies
please bring it comback now.
Takes long..! I don't see how people work with this. Just something as simple as Outlooks reminder box will cause Outlooks icon to be combined... and you need an extra click.
Is this fixed yet? Does Microsoft plan on fixing this issue?

@GuiRitter  Thanks Gui!!! That's good to know

Count me as one who hates the lack of customization on windows 11. I would go back to 10 if I had the option. Fewer options do not make things simpler. This has created a significant ongoing irritation throughout my 8-hour work day. Just give me the option like we had before.

Please bring back!
I want "never combine"

Perfect!  cant wait :) @GuiRitter 

Hi @GuiRitter 

Unfortunately, the information you shared is not reliable, the author refers to the compilation:

Announcing Windows Server Preview Build 25246 - Microsoft Community Hub

So he doesn't know what he's writing about ->Alas!

Please, let it back...
One has to wonder: Do the people who design the Windows UI ever actually USE the Windows UI?
"Do the people who design the Windows UI ever actually USE the Windows UI?" --> Bullseye !!!

So I've been using Windows 11 since it launched and always struggled with the taskbar.

I don't use desktop shortcuts, even have recycle bin icon turned off, I don't do much productivity but do a lot of overclocking and benching for fun.

The number of times I click OCCT instead of Opera due to the similarity of icons, not being able to separate the simple apps - paint, calculator, notepad - which I always use for copy pasting info, converting text font to add to emails, pasting and cropping screenshote etc, and just having everything in a big disorganised mess.

Like I want 1 group for the system apps, 1 group for game launchers and browsers, 1 group for overclock and stability test apps, this would make it so much easier, also being able to have the start menus, search and control panel shortcuts all the way to the left and all the other shortcuts in the middle sounds be too good to be true!

Everyone always telling me I should just go back to Windows 10 for gaming / benching, I'm just an idiot who always uses the latest version of everything.

@Richard Duggan 

They use MAC OS, otherwise they would understand this irritability and bring back the first day or rollout

IMO Windows 11 has not taken inspiration from Mac OS.

They've simply hired a bunch of people who love social media, mainly tiktok and tinder to run their entire UI design, and they think everyone in the world want's Windows to work like running those apps on a phone.
All the taskbar changes, including this one, make my job harder. They are incredibly unwelcome and inconvenient. I am a software engineer and I have multiple windows I need to interact with and not being able to see them in a list or the name of the file or project open makes me hate using windows at all for work. Please bring back this feature.

We need this function back

I gave up using Windows 11 because of the lack of this functionality.

This is very bad!

For productivity reasons, I need to have open tabs within easy reach.

@huali1405 Got Windows 11 installed on laptop today. Went f*cking bonkers over the unused taskbar.
BRING BACK Do not combine!!!!!

Instant reinstall of Windows 10