Feature Request to integrate WSLG with Multiple Desktops by integrating RDP with Multiple Desktops

Copper Contributor

It would be incredibly convenient if windows allowed apps to integrate with the multiple desktops/task view feature. The idea that sparked this for me was that it would be nice if I could create a new desktop for my wslg installation of ubuntu. And instead of creating a mini RDP window when launching apps from the start menu, it would check if I had an ubuntu desktop open and would create it there instead (Also preferences as a part of the windows settings app for this would be nice). Also it would be great if I could use the multiple desktops feature to switch to one of my remote computers.

Additionally having the start menu shortcuts for wslg apps in a folder feels incredibly cumbersome and directly against the Win 11 ethos. Perhaps it would be better to find a better, more adaptable solution to this because it could also be applicable to android apps whenever that feature comes out. Perhaps this feature could be expanded to something like a Rich RDP where you could even launch apps on remote computers which you are not already connected to simply by clicking it in the start menu. While im on a roll here, I'm perplexed as to why Microsoft's clean new apps like console and RDP are not shipped as default programs with windows 11.

I'm looking for an internship/full time pos too, are there any managers on the windows dev team that I could send my resume? lol

0 Replies