DOWNLOAD ERROR

Copper Contributor

When I download update stack package version 521.920.111.0 I get an error message saying problem with the date and time on your device

11 Replies
Problem with date and time on your device means that the date and time stored on your device is inaccurate and differs too much from the current date and time. Please check that your date and time stored on your system actually matches the current date and time and change it if necessary, because downloading updates requires that the stored time be accurate (Certificate validation reasons)

@amarioguy My system date and time is correct

Hmm, that's kind of weird

Regardless of if the date and time is correct, you should probably try synchronizing the system clock with the internet time server (Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Date and Time -> Internet Time -> Change settings -> Update now on the latest Insider build) and try it again to see just in case there might be a problem with time synchronization (if time.windows.com fails, change the time server to time.nist.gov)

if not, please upload your WindowsUpdate.log file here so I can help you further (located in C:\Windows\Logs\WindowsUpdate)

@amarioguy 

Mine is doing the exact same thing. On my main PC 11700k z590, and on my laptop hp 8th gen i5. All other updates go just fine, just that one errors out with the date and time error. There is no .log file, but there's a bunch of unsupported ETL files it won't let me upload. 

yes i same problem as well, time is correct utc +10 (east coast Australia QLD)@jeffcool 

Same problem here. Any thing i do always get time zone error

I just got on today and now the update is gone. So i'm not sure what happened.

I had the same time and date error yesterday, and today it just get stuck at downloading-1%.
It's weird, I'm hearing multiple reports of this same problem even if the date and time is correct, I'd imagine the update itself is buggy.

A new update stack release will come out in due time, so I wouldn't worry too much about this
Yes, it seems to have been fixed. It was gone when I got on my computer, so I checked my laptop and it was still there. Ran the check for updates again and it disappeared. No harm no foul.