Can't update the build 16288.1 (rs3-release)

Brass Contributor

When update the new build 16288, I get the notice "An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now" (with error 0x80240034)

93 Replies
enough is enough, also on my lappy constant download install 12-14 % and it restart and roll back to 16281 error 0x800705aa.
I wonder why we dont get any usefull about why the problem is here and what to do for fix, I have tried everything and nothing help, Insider team should release an full iso so we can make a clean install.

Same here: first 0x80240034, now 0x80070714. Language English(UK)

16288.1 Installs to 12% then restores previous to 16281 and i have tried multiple times. 

Same problem here. Trying on Surface Pro 3 with german language.

0x80070714 all the times. Already run sfc /scannow (no errors).

Resetted Windows Update completely.

No other special software installed. Already tried with Defender disabled etc. Always the same error.

I have just retried, still no luck.

Had a similar issue, my system will tell me it needs to restart to complete the update, but it never installs. System restarts, and then I get the same message telling me it needs to restart to complete update. Three days I have been attempting to get this build on and no success.

Same. At this point, it has downloaded and installed but on reboot, it will act like it is updating the system. After that, it will reboot once again but will fail thus having to shut down my system and restarting the download process all over again. I have tried multiple times trying various file scan methods to check the system integrity which it has passed. No progress.

Wonder why others couldn't download/install Build 16288.  I got mine smoothly and so far it's working fine.  For those who are having problems...try this and I hope it will work.  Download wu170509.diagcab and run it.. Good Luck.

@Andrei Dancau wrote:
Same problem here. Stopping and starting the Windows Update service / deleting the download folder under SoftwareDistribution did nothing.

Wonder why others couldn't download/install Build 16288.  I got mine smoothly and so far it's working fine.  For those who are having problems...try this and I hope it will work.  Download wu170509.diagcab and run it.. Good Luck.

Try this.  Download wu170509.diagcab, save it to your desktop,  run it... I hope this solves your problem.. Good luck.

i tried multiple things sfc scannow found errors and the update repair fixed also something but the only thing that changed was that the update stops at 12% now and not at 13%

@Obiwan Rei wrote:

This suggestion worked for me. Weird because it just deleted the update file which I had done manually already. However it worked so that's all I care about. Thanks again.

Solution for all with main language german found.
Go to deskmodder.de and load the iso 16288.1 then install with setup.exe from iso. It work's fine...

After like 15 or so failed install attempts, deleting C:\$WINDOWS.~BT and C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download solved the 12% fail for me and 16288.1 installed just fine after that.

Same here. New version gets installed and immediately uninstalled again.

Why we have all these installations problem with this version 16288 both rs3 and rs 4? why not any of the envolved people from Tech suport can give some usefull info how we can solve this, second best solution is give free an full iso both rs3 and rs4 so we can make a clean installation.

after many, many tries using all the diffrent suggestions (deaktivation of NET components, deleting of softwaredeployment folder, deaktivating of defender etc etc) which didn't worked at all

inplace install via ISO did the trick

very simple

just download the ISO and run setup

(w10 pro x64 ger)

where to find an iso Danish Language?

im sorry Prince King i cant help you with that

i for myself use several german portals where such sources like ISOs of preview versions can be found just in time

please use "Dr. Google" to find any similar sources for the danish version of windows im not into that

i guess there sould be some danish websites dealing with windows too

regards

Götz

This worked for me!