Can't download insider ISO files

Copper Contributor

Hi, if I go to the Windows Insider page there is an option to download a Windows Insider ISO but when I go on there it says that I have to be an Insider to access the page even tho I am on a PC with an insider version of Windows (i have like 3 or 4 pcs with insider versions all linked to this account) but it just doesn't want to work. when I contact Microsoft they just say to go and ask on here.

EdyDev__0-1625253531878.png

Even the Windows Feedback Hub says I am an insider since 2018

EdyDev__2-1625253675406.png

I have an activated installation of Windows 11 Pro on this PC (upgraded from 8.1 to 10 then 11) and Windows 11 Enterprise (upgraded from 10) on another PC that I regularly use to test Windows versions.

EdyDev__5-1625253883891.png

EdyDev__6-1625253924889.png

Yes, this PC meets all the minimum Windows 11 requirements such as TPM and CPU and all that stuff.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

13 Replies

@EdyDev_ I can't download the insider either I get the following error.  When I click on the Microsoft Support they were no help told me to come to the Windows Insider Program form.s.  

@EdyDev_ I had some issues getting the ISO myself and also have multiple accounts that are 'registered'. Have you tried logging into each account one by one, perhaps in private mode, to see if any will allow the ISO download from the insider page?  That's what worked for me.

I'm pretty sure you could also just make a recovery drive from one of the working W11 installs.  Last I checked as long as you include system files on the recovery drive you can use that to install.

I ended up using uupdump (edit: stopped using UUPdump. I'm using something else now. UUPdump kept corrupting ISO images)

Well I used uupdump in the end to get the ISO files and yes I tried Incognito windows on other accounts but no luck. (edit: stopped using UUPdump. I'm using something else now. UUPdump kept corrupting ISO images)

Hey, can you point me to some resources from where I can know how to install after downloading from uupdump??

I am interested in (Upgrade to Windows 11 (22000.168) amd64) this version.

And also can you tell me if I will be able to update from the official updater or not after that???

Actually, I am in insider build but getting this error (Install error - 0x80073701) while installing the build, so decided to try ISO.

And final, will my data be lost after installing from ISO??

@gautamajay52 There is another easier method than this one. For that scroll down. 

Hey, can you point me to some resources from where I can know how to install after downloading from uupdump??

After going to uupdump click on your desired version (in this case, it is "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 (22000.168) amd64")

Select the language and after that, you can set the base editions you want to be available (the basic ones like Home, Pro, N, etc, and also I believe Windows Team doesn't work in W11). If you want more editions than that select "Download, add additional editions and convert to ISO" and select what editions you want (Will substantially increase the time it takes to download and then convert), if not, leave it as default and then if you want you can mess a bit with the Conversion Options (I recommend leaving it as default if you don't know what you're doing) and click "Create download package". It will now start downloading a ".ZIP" file that you have to extract for it to work properly. (Make sure that the directory name does not contain spaces) and then open "uup_download_windows.cmd" (assuming that you're on a Windows PC). That will start downloading the files for that specific version directly off of Microsoft's servers and not through a third-party and will then convert them into an ISO file. What I recommend is to leave that window selected and not go into other apps at least for the download process because your computer might blue screen otherwise (from my experience. I tried on multiple powerful computers <I'm talking 5000 series Ryzen 9 and 10th gen i9> and they have a higher chance of blue screening)

This is how you know when it's downloading and when it's converting.

Downloading (Black):

EdyDev__0-1630254972181.png

Converting (Blue):

EdyDev__1-1630254988476.png

(Or from the window names. "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" means downloading and "Administrator: UUP -> ISO v69" means converting)

The ISO will be located in ".\ISOFOLDER" (or will be put into the folder itself:

EdyDev__3-1630255240902.png

This could either way take some time. You have to be patient.

And also can you tell me if I will be able to update from the official updater or not after that??? Actually, I am in insider build but getting this error (Install error - 0x80073701) while installing the build, so decided to try ISO.

It is definitely not normal that you cannot update using the UUP (Unified Update Platform / Windows Update). You should be able to update using it. You could try following this guide from Microsoft to try and solve the problem.

And final, will my data be lost after installing from ISO??

To not lose files you will just extract the ISO file to a folder (this time it doesn't matter if the directory name contains spaces) and click on "setup.exe" and upgrade that way. (Do not power off the computer to install the update. That will erase files as that is the way to perform a clean install)

If you do it that way, in theory, your files should be safe but as always, it is wise to have a backup at all times just in case something unexpected happens.

Method 2:

The easiest and the best way to be sure that the files are not corrupted (UUPdump messes up sometimes <has happened to me and I had to do a clean install> because it's not perfect) is to:

Write an email to "thewindowslibrary@gmail.com" saying that you need a specific version of Windows and you will get a response pretty quickly and a link to a verified, fully checked, and working ISO (using checksum) from Microsoft's website.

I hope I didn't miss anything and I helped you. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to write back! (it was a pain to write this because the only error I got was "Invalid HTML detected" lmao)

I am very thankful for your reply. I have already completed those processes and everything is working fine.

Just after reading your previous post about using ISO, I started to follow up, because my anxiety was killing me that I messed up with my laptop.

And thanks to God everything has worked so far.

If I wouldn't have found your post about using ISO from the uudump site, I was planning to do a clean install.
Now I have everything working. Thanks to you.

As this post is covering all the steps clearly, I will post this to my solution.

And about method 2:

will that ISO file will be incremental (small size) or like uudump (big)??

And is it official??

They're basically just downloading the ISO from Microsoft and distributing it to ppl.

@EdyDev_ I can't download the insider possibly I get the accompanying blunder. At the point when I click on the Microsoft Support they were no assist told me with going to the Windows Insider Program form.s.

So lemme get this straight.
You opted in for insider builds and are not getting preview builds in windows update yet?

If yes, what version of Windows are you running?
(Example: Windows 10 21H1; Windows 11 22000.100)
And what insider ring did you choose (Release Preview, etc)
I m the last past half year on the latests version of w10 for Devs (21390build) and what i get from Microsoft for reporting a bugs glitches and others stuffs? The information that my build from month is expired and i cant fvcking do nothing,cant update to w11 cause of minimal reqs,cant go back to normal version. Cant even download any of ISO file. Thanks MS for having Insiders deep in ur 3letters for testing and reporting everything that we met. At least what can i do is clean instalation haha,cause its advice everytime when i try to get help from Microsoft....Be sure i m gonna clean instal once again my system cause u bastards cant help me when i help u. After being a 6year,guess 7 now. Its the worst thing. To help MS when they dont care any of users,u need to report something 3times with high prio to get them attention,and now they are blind for ppl like me. Its a nice gift from them. I do not recommend nobody to being in devs program after that situation.
Hello,
Which Win11 build with exactly language you want? I can bring u the download link...
It's fine I no longer need this