Build of Windows will expire soon

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I had today a pop message that "this build of windows will expire soon"You should move to a new build as soon as possible .

How we fix this or to return back to normal windows and to not be part of Windows Insider Program anymore to avoid similar issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christine Nagui

12 Replies

I got the same message too. What should I do to solve it?

Hi
"How we fix this or to return back to normal windows and to not be part of Windows Insider Program anymore to avoid similar issues."
To install the stable version of Widows10, or Windows11 - you need to perform a clean installation of Windows , which will completely remove everything and reinstall the public edition of Windows.

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Simply download and install the updates.

@A1  there is no updates

And what kind of insider channel is it and what compilation?

This is another way to download updates without losing files:

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Updating from an expiring Insider Preview build - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

In that case, you need to upgrade to most recent build. What build you're on currently?
Build 22543.rs_prerelease.220122-2315

@ChristineNagui 

Since this is not a stable Dev channel. to go to Beta or install the public release of Win11 (in both cases you need to perform a clean installation of Windows)

thank you Andrej, if I did the clean installation of windows from the shared link.

Please advise if:
- it will delete all files and folders... etc
- it needs to be activated

thanks a gain for your support
So everything will be removed if during the configuration you check that the remaining settings, files and applications - there will be an error and the new installation will roll back and you will still remain in the Dev channel.
Without losing files is only the compilation Dev. latest version (in-place upgrade)

@A1  it was showing that it was gonna expire on 15 september 2022. i tried doing everything. i even reset it to windows 11 but its still showing that your build has expired

@Skullkrusher2345 

Reset to the initial state (is not a clean installation of Windows new version)