battery draining issue after installaiton of windows 11

Copper Contributor

battery draining issue after installaiton of windows 11

114 Replies
follow the steps I mentioned if your still stuck.

@itsdinesh1983 I ended up just getting a Mac instead of worrying about it. ARM seems to be the direction for me to go for power efficiency from now on. 

this stupid windows 11 is killing me. are you fking kidding me? its been a year and there's no response from this microsoft mfking team. message to team microsoft: IF YOU DONT FKING KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN OS, LEARN FROM MAC OS IDIOTS

the issue just on battery driver windows 11, i have uninstalled the battery driver while plugged in and restarted my lap and kept it charged for 100%@itsdinesh1983 , and its work

I've had the same problem since my last update (which was last night) but it did not happen when I upgraded to Win 11 it happened a few weeks later so I do not have the option to revert back. However, I uninstalled the security update I did last night and my battery problem is now fixed and working fine. Hopefully, this helps.
Mine is 3501 too! And you said everything I reported to Microsoft! This must be fixed urgently!
That's what I did recently! I went back to 10 and that's it! Sorted out! And look, it's 2022 and the problem persisted, my dell 3501 notebook only lasted 40 min, on 10 it corrected and it was up to 4 hours unplugged!
Simply go back to a stable build (22000). Dev builds (like 22463) shouldn't and weren't made to be used as a daily driver. They are buggy, unstable and mostly focused on adding new features. Build 22000.527 has added a plenty new features features from dev builds like weather on the taskbar, while keeping stability, good performance and decent battery life.
Thank you so much for your attention from Microsoft, you are wonderful and I know you are struggling to build a beautiful, efficient and stable windows 11! I leave here my thanks, I did what you told me, and I'm monitoring my battery, it's at 22,000,527, a very good thing it has on linux and I believe it would be useful for Windows 11, it's these commands, xkill and activity ! My battery yesterday lasted up to 57% 1h20, counted in economy, it actually increased the duration a little longer, but even then (not to be boring) it's not lasting like 10, 2hrs or 3hrs in eco mode, but 1h20 or 50min! My model is a dell 3501 with i5 11 and it has all the requirements. I know they will improve and make Windows better and better, I just ask you to pay attention to the battery in notebooks Dell, Asus, Lenovo and others with the same problem! Thanks for the tip and I've already done that, I'll be testing it for 4 days and seeing some things! Thank you!

@itsdinesh1983 

I will personally sue Microsoft on this matter! It burnt my Dell Inspiron battery! I just replaced it, brand new, original Dell battery, and it's charging only to 90% and is still draining incredibly fast. Windows 11 is a total failure, and this guys need to legally respond to all the mess they created!!! Never again I will buy anything from Microsoft, terrible company and terrible support!!!

Really friend! Microsoft lost their wits, they want to imitate Apple, windows 11 is currently using it, but now that I've heard this I'm really going to stop using it. TPM 2.0 Secure Boot, Mocrosoft is not Apple, now Jurubeba (Brazilian sour fruit) that is. No more limited Windows 11, no more technical frills, or continue 10 or Google itself with Chrome OS flex will step on bad windows 11. It only has beauty and no effectiveness. 2025 and linux, or next year.
@WaleedWahba
I use Dell G5 15 5590
I have the same issue. it last for around 90 mins.
please reply with your battery health in dell battery manager, mine is "good" ie, 3 out of 4.
Complicated friend. Recently I use dell power manager, I use it as a 50% to 55% load limiter, I only use the battery in case I leave the house and so on. But without a doubt it's like the friend mentioned, I advise you to uninstall the desktop widgets, disable the fast launch in the control panel. On action keys, leave the option off on battery and power. All this you find in the power option in the control panel. In the right corner, look for button actions, enter it and disable fast startup and instead of suspend on battery and plug, put the option off. Windows 11 is bad in this respect, it should have a more consistent battery usage model, as unfortunately I'm forced to say Apple does. Success my friend! I hope it works!
I am having the same problem with my Surface Pro 6. It randomly shuts down while plugged in. This is very disturbing while you are teaching. After a restart the message battery 0% will show up. When the battery is at 15%+, I shut down my Surface, unplug, restart and plug the power cord again in, the battery is again at 100%. Sometimes I can work for days without any problems and out of the blue the problem is there again. I have uninstalled the battery drivers with no success. Besides the battery problem is there a heat problem when the Surface is plugged in.

I have same issue after installing window 11 in my laptop (HP PAVILION*360). Even when no process run and laptop is in sleep mode it still drains.

This Windows 11 is just giving me a headache my friend...
I have Lenovo IdeaPad S540 with Intel i5 8th gen. Upgrated to Windows 11 3 days ago and my experience is the same: System drains battery conciderably faster just by using Edge web browser. I will try the update KB5013943 and if I see no change after that, I will go back to Windows 10.

Is here no single one from Microsoft that can forward this HUGE PROBLEM to the development team?

@bukso  That's how microsoft is taking care of their clients... they release low quality software, and the users pay money to be, practically, a beta tester for their broken software. Lame company... Now I am getting even more frustrated with "Automatically display brightness" which you cannot get rid of, and it doesn't work in any good way. I really hope that, with time, this company gets what it deserves... which means 0 users for anything!

Here's what I did to fix on Windows11.  I suspect that the Notifications and/or Actions were the key here.

1. Plug in the device and log into Windows.

2. Shutdown the device.

3. Restart Windows.

4. Change Advanced Battery Settings to match below screenshot

5. Shutdown Windows.

You should be fine after that.  It's worked for me today but I will give it some more testing and report back my findings.

Battery1.jpg

2 of 22 of 2